Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, I'm a bit frustrated. The suspension compressor on my 82A does not power up when asked. I found that the brown wire coming off of the fuse block is dead. As it seems to be the only wire running into the compressor that has no power associated with it. When I run power to the associated brown wire that runs to the compressor the compressor runs. I can't find where that brown wire without tracer exits in the loom. The wiring diagram suggests that it ties into the regulator/rectifier. I don't see it entering the plug there. Am I missing something? It also runs into the ignition switch. Could it not be making its connection there? This same brown wire runs to the thermal switch for the fan. The fan comes on as needed. What are the thoughts out there? There's a disconnect somewhere, any suggestions before I start cutting wiring loom sheathing? Thanks....Dan

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

if its the same as my 86 aspy, the ignition, need to be on to change air in the shocks, and turned to park to pump tires up.

cheers,

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Not sure but you may have to have the ignition Switch in Park position to get 12 volts to the pump. The 1983 GL 1100A is wired different.

1980-1983 Honda Service Manual schematic. My schematic shows the brown wire connected to the positive side of the PARK (5 amp) fuse with a Bullet connection. The brown wire then passes through an inline fuse to another Bullet connector, then to one side of the Pump Switch.
My schematic does not give the size of the inline fuse but wouldnormally be less than the 5 amp Park fuse.
I would start at the Pump Switch and follow the brown wire.
The pump switch shows to be connectedwith two Bullet connectors, one wire-brown to inline fuse: one wire-light green/blackto the connector for the pump.
Possible problem: A Bullet connector unplugged or corroded; blown inline fuse or corrosion in fuse socket.

More than once while many years working on electronic circuits in the Air Force I had what we called "TBH" (trouble between the headsets). Many a time I spent a lot of time chasing circuits to find the fix to be as simple as 'Try in Park'.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the quick responses. Well, I guess the ignition switch needs to be in "park" position as you suggested Wichita. Thanks for the fix.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
imported post

i have 82 aspencade i have a brown with white trace and green wire they are not pluged in,i have green wire going to neg side of fuse panel.the pump will not work till you turn key to park.:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
imported post

Wichita Scorpion wrote:
More than once while many years working on electronic circuits in the Air Force I had what we called "TBH" (trouble between the headsets).
THe IT guys at work here got a saying PEBKAC problem exists between key board and chair:dude::dude::dude:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Yep, my ears are too far apart leaving much too much empty space in my head. If only this were the first time. I once pulled the bulk of a fuel system apart on 72 Datsun 260Z, from the tank to the engine, only to find that the engine wouldn't run because I had run out of gas! This won't be the last time I pull one of these. What do they say about the 60s, when I came of age? If you remember it you weren't there. Dead brain cells will be my undoing. Thanks again for all your help...Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.