Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2014 when I was thinking of getting a Wing I came on this site and saw pictures of someone's trip to Yellowstone which motivated me to get my bike. Last month myself and two friends rode from Florida to Yellowstone, to Mount Rushmore and back. My friend has a handicapped brother in Jackson Hole he hadn't seen for 12 years so it was a dream of his to do the trip also. Wanted to post a few pics in case I can pay it forward and inspire someone as well. I can't remember whose pics I looked at in 2014 but a thank you to them for planting the seed of my bucket list trip.
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Cloud

Cloud Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle

Plant Sky Automotive tire Asphalt Tree

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle

Plant Jeans Cloud Sky Natural landscape

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Glad you had a great adventure. Thanks for the photos.
About 12 weeks to retirement for me . I plan to spend several weeks out west next summer if gasoline still exist.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,617 Posts
great photos,
how was the HD on long trips?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great photos,
how was the HD on long trips?
The red one was my friends new 2021 Road King. He had zero issues and had added a custom seat and backrest before the ride which he said helped. The other bike was a 2012 Fatboy but not as comfortable for touring and he tried to stay under 65 as much as possible.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you had a great adventure. Thanks for the photos.
About 12 weeks to retirement for me . I plan to spend several weeks out west next summer if gasoline still exist.
There's some great riding out there but we were surprised how busy everywhere was even after Labor Day. Reservation system and pass needed for the parks. Hotels busy and rates up. A lot of fast food and restaurants short hours or no dining in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts