Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1982 naked gl1100
2,576 Posts
imported post

Well it might as well be turned off. It's been dim or fading for some time now........

grrrrrrr

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

GoldWingPastor wrote:
Well I guess that's better than finding out that the light was from the front of a train!
Hold that thought! You may be wrong, but for all I know...you may be right!!! (Billy Joel):cooldevil:

We now have America's broke & homeless people "bailing" out Her Rich & Famous people. And now they will take the "bail" monies, and buy stock in failing banks & other assorted "money pits"...which flies in the face of every intelligent investment strategy I've ever studied...:baffled:

Am I missing something obvious and/or important here? The best-case-scenario in my mind is...this strategy will delay economic recovery by at least 2-3 years...worst case?...I cannot bear to think about it...:gunhead::doh::alco:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I've given up on the "light at the end of the tunnel" a long time ago.:baffled:

Now my biggest hope is that one day soon, "the tide will come in" and get my boat floating!!!:cheeky1:

It's a pita to be constantly stuck in the muck.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I think "the light" is getting farther away all the time.
Just checked on my 457K retirement account. It dropped $13,000 today, $12,000 yesterday.

With all the carnage going on with the banks, retirement funds based on the stock market are sure taking it on the chin.

I'm down about 30% overall since this debacle started :p

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Maybe we need to adopt a tradition from over there in the middle east just for a little while??

I bet it would make a real impression on all the worthless greedy SOB's if we could just stone one or two of the to death!

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

lostinflorida wrote:
Maybe we need to adopt a tradition from over there in the middle east just for a little while??

I bet it would make a real impression on all the worthless greedy SOB's if we could just stone one or two of the to death!
Bite your tongue. I want no way or any part of Sharia law.

·
Premium Member
63,019 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500
Keep you chin up, you haven't lost anything until you sell...

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Foodman wrote:
AZgl1500
Keep you chin up, you haven't lost anything until you sell...
thats what I keep thinking too ,but much longer there won't be anything left to sell:shock:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

twowheeler wrote:
kylesmuskie wrote:
Don't worry John, our new president is going to fix everything.:cool:
new president? Id settle for bush as opposed to what we have in store, not to worry, itll get worse
Well, I looked at my stock basket just before coming home from work.
This "tremendous" upswing almost gave me back 53% of what it went down yesterday.

Ya know what is scary? It don't matter what color the next prez is, "he/she" can't do a damn thing until Congress makes up their mind what it is "they" want to do.

Now, do we want to throw out all of them elected types? and just start all over?
I'm not especially good in the finance department, but I think I could do better than what has been done so far.

·
Premium Member
63,019 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500
You got that right.. I'd vote for you in a heart beat.. Anyone with a hat like that can't be all bad.........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.