Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new, or at least new to me, trick for bug removal is a spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide. Just spray a small amount on, and watch it fizz like it does on a wound, and the bug wipes right off. Cheaper than Pledge or other spray waxes. A friend demonstrated it for me on his own bike.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
I use an even cheaper method. Lay a wet paper towel over the area with bugs. Wait a couple minutes and wipe them off. No scrubbing needed.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I use Lemon Pledge ..... I can clean everything with it and don't have to carry a bunch of stuff with me.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hydrogen Peroxide is cheap, and if it works could be worth trying. Is there any risk of it damaging paint or chrome?
The guy that showed me used it on his own bike, and his doesn't show any ill effects. After all, hydrogen peroxide is nothing more than water with and extra oxygen atom.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
A wet rag or paper towel costs next to nothing. Being frugal (cheap?) that's my favorite method of removal when you have a heavy bug incrustation. Pledge works just fine for the lesser stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Love bugs and other bugs, in Florida hydrogen peroxide is the ticket. Then pledge so that it stays easy to keep it clean. 3 minutes worth after each day of riding and the bike shines 100% of the time. Might not be woth it to all, but for me it is...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.