Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I now have a trailer I guess I need to get on building the trailer hitch, but I have run into a problem. I have found plenty of 1 1/4" ball mounts of varying amounts of rise but in trying to find the tube to use as the receiver I am striking out so far. What I am wondering is, if I use 2" do you all think that is a bit of over kill as far as the weight goes?

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
A two inch receiver would be great if you are planning on hauling a couple thousand pounds... yeah I think it would be overkill.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
My Lehman Trike had a regular flat bar drawbar that Lehman uses, I wanted a reciever so I went to Tractor Supply Co and got a 1-1/4" inside square tube reciever "stub" (it was short, maybe 6 " long, and already was reinforced at drawbar end and had hole drilled crossways) .... I then used it and some steel to make a reciever that simply attaches to my Lehman at the Lehman provided location at rear using two long Lehman pins and I made it stronger by extending a section of 1" deep X 2" wide x 1/8" thick channel forward to a crossbar I put in place where the original center stand attached. I boxed part of it.

Now I have a couple drawbars of two heights and a kooler carrier that fit the reciever. Pardon any dusty dirt please.

·
Just one of the guys
4,833 Posts
Tractor supply is where I also got my 1 1/4 inch receiver tube. It didn't take a whole lot to build a hitch with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.