Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi to all the wings out there.:waving: a ? i am building a trike froma a GL1100 & a ford rear xle and i want to havea live axle ie. a independent suspension ? i have some stainless steel tube 30m/m dia X 1.5 m/m wall.WILL THIS BE STRONG ENOUGH WHEN WELDED TOGETHER or should i go for thicker walls ie 2m/m or bigger.Also when the completed axle is finished the track will 59in wide does this sound about right.Any help with this problem is very much appreciated.MANY THANKS VIV:bowing:

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
imported post

How about a Datsun 510 rear end? (NOT the wagon.)

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Be sure to take lots of photos Carpman. This could turn out to be a very good "how to" for us that know sooner or later a trike is in their future and the funds for a new conversion trike might not be.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

hi to all wings many thanks for your help job sorted will be using 3m/m wall on wishbones. just to error on the safe side .again thanks Viv:waving:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Mine dropped 3 to 5 miles per gallon. It was getting an average of 40, It went to 35 to 38 consistently.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

spiderbob. it was a custom home made, or a kit?. cuz when you go custom you must go for light weigh items :p

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

William_86
Mine is a Century Side Car Inc. kit. Perhaps if you are buinlding custom using materials you want to use, you can better your miliage and not take a lose. My frame is steel, wheels are alumimum, but still there is about 225 extra lbs. Building too light might not be a good idea either. You have to engineer strength, but that is beyond me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.