Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Bad news, WebShot.com ( my picture storage ) is closing down in Dec.
They are changing over to Smile.com & will be charging for the storage.
This means all of the pictures on this post may be removed.
I have been able to down load all of them, but they are messed up & not in order or folders.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Yep, that's a big problem with using 3rd party free sites!
Once they go down or make changes to domain names etc.. all threads on all sites end up with broke links and no more pictures!

That is why I pay the big bucks LOL
$10 year for MY domain name, and either Free hosting of the domain or pay the $5 a month or less for the hosting service!
I will never have a broke link no matter what as long as I keep that domain name and host it anywhere at all, free or pay.

Best is to upload pictures to the site where the post is as normally as long as the site is up the pictures stay in the posts. When that is not possible or want the same pics 3 or 4 different sites then having your own domain is best.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yep, that's a big problem with using 3rd party free sites!
Once they go down or make changes to domain names etc.. all threads on all sites end up with broke links and no more pictures!

That is why I pay the big bucks LOL
$10 year for MY domain name, and either Free hosting of the domain or pay the $5 a month or less for the hosting service!
I will never have a broke link no matter what as long as I keep that domain name and host it anywhere at all, free or pay.

Best is to upload pictures to the site where the post is as normally as long as the site is up the pictures stay in the posts. When that is not possible or want the same pics 3 or 4 different sites then having your own domain is best.
What site are you using, info & link please.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts