Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, Ive got plenty of time, so I think I am going to build a couple of timing belt tensioners. One of mine shows evidence of losing it's lubricant, and there is a lot of belt residue on bothof them. Could this mean that the belts have been too tight for awhile? When Iroll them they seem to be alright, there is no roughness or binding. There is a slight bit of noise when they get to the end of their spin. Its about$135 for new ones, as compared to about $50 to build. Think I will give it a shot.

Dave:weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

I haven't seen mine in a while so I may be way off on this but... It seems like if you can get the rollers off the mounting bracket and could find a sealed bearing with the same diameter and width and attach a shaft/bolt to the bracket that the bearing could ride on, you'd have a tensioner...or am I missing something

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

RB wrote:
I haven't seen mine in a while so I may be way off on this but... It seems like if you can get the rollers off the mounting bracket and could find a sealed bearing with the same diameter and width and attach a shaft/bolt to the bracket that the bearing could ride on, you'd have a tensioner...or am I missing something
Thats what I am going to do using the procedure here:

http://www.sdb-e.com/TENSIONER/TENSIONER-REBUILD-JCS.pdf

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Both links are essentially to the same stuff (one direct and the other through the FAQ section of this forum).... Keep us informed.. and I am always interested in your specific choices and why.. there are lots of ways to skin this cat... and ask questions too.. there is a lot of trial and error information that I have not had the time to upload yet... Good Luck..Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.