Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am refurbishing a bumper for my 83 GL 1100. All of the lens are bad. The lens are rectangle 2 3/8" X 1 3/4". Does anyone know where to find replacement lens? Also there are 4 bulbs on each side.Should they all be the same color?

Thanks,

Billy

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

If they are all wired together they should be red. I don't know where you are going to find lenses. It's unlikely the manufacturer that made the metal bumper made the lenses, most likely they are a standard type. I'd check the auto stores and truck stops. Also watch eBay in all possible categories not just bikes. There are lots of places on the net that sell marker lights too. Keep searching and you're likely to find what you need.

That's the challenge of keeping these great old machines going! At least you're not looking for a self leveling computer for a SEI!

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

I think it was Markland who used to do this bumper. It wasn't cheap at over $300 either and you could buy spare lenses at the time. You might be able to contact Markland and see if spares are still available.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Heffo wrote:
I think it was Markland who used to do this bumper. It wasn't cheap at over $300 either and you could buy spare lenses at the time. You might be able to contact Markland and see if spares are still available.
Don't think there is any Markland any more to contact.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Sorry I have not responded, I have been busy. Thanks for the information. I will check into it.

Thanks,

Billy

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks, I'll look in to that. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks,

Billy

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Wanted to update. The folks at Venco Wings have come through. My lens should be here today and at half the price I expected to pay. I highly recommend them. Bumper should be completed and installed by tonight. Thanks to all for your help

Billy

http://www.vencowings.com/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.