Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I went and looked at a Bunkhouse LX trailers yesterday. They are very nice looking. I would like to hear some reviews from other owners. I am debating on getting one but want to hear how durable they are and how they pull behind a 1500. Wife andI want a little more comfort when out on the road than tent camping. The model I looked at had electric mattress for cold nights and AC capabilities when its hot outside.

They are currently running a special on them. I can get the new LX for $3350 new. I only see a couple of add ons that I really would like. the AC duct, electric matress,cooler rack,and upgrade to aluminium rims and a spare. This would bring the cost up to about $3800 give or take a few dollars.

Link is: www.bf-specialties.com

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Wow. Very nice!

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Those are nice units.

I started looking at some of these a few years ago when we were at the camp grounds and the guy next to us had one. his was nice, but as time goes by, they are much nicer now, and Cheaper. He said he paid $5800 for his and the ones that I was looking ranged from $4500 to $6800. I didn't have a bike back then, but was curious, they were cute. Now I have a bike......... Hmmm.....

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

They can get costly when you start adding all the bells and whistles. They even have electric brake option on the new ones. If you max one out with all the options it will run about $6500

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

Hi,

I was looking at them also. Talked to other people who had motorcycle campers and they all say go with the ones that have the flooring off the ground (because of the rain or just wet areas). There's one one ebay (new) for around $2,600-#2,700.

It looks like a TimeOut camper but it's a knockoff one.

Hickey

·
Premium Member
678 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

No comments from owners of these trailers?

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
imported post

Looks like the exact same trailer "Cousin Jack" just bought. They look like nice trailers, but I've not seen many around up here.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

Back in 2004 I bought a class "A" motor home out in Spokane WA. and drove it to my home state of Maine to visit relatives. We stayed in a RV park in Farmington, Maine. I got up one morning to find a gorgeous GW next lot to me and it had a trailer attached to it. The trailer also had a tent attached to that. I didnt get a chance to talk to the owners but i have always wondered if that tent was actually built into the trailer when he bought it or if it was something that he created himself. I have never seen another trailer quite like it. It looked to me like a pop up tent. I wouldnt mind having one but then again i dont see how it could be used for anything but carrying the tent.

Harold

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Jaymom wrote:
i dont see how it could be used for anything but carrying the tent.

Harold
I was thinking the same thing, how much more gear can they hold?

Maybe someone with some knowledge will answer that. maybe a few pics?

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

With these style campers, when folded the tent goes on top, the cargo space is about 20 Cuic Feet which is plenty for most people's needs. We have an Aspen Classic it has 22 Cu Ft and we have always had plenty of room for storage. I can't comment on the Bunkhouse specifically as that is not what we have but I do like the Aspen quite well. Cousin Jack bought an Aspen Sentry which is the next size smaller than ours.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Bunkhouse trailer has 24 cubic feet of storage once the tent is put away. The tent actually folds up on top of trailer still allowing access to the cargo space. There is even a well built into the tub of trailer to store a small air conditioner when traveling if you chose to carry one.

The Aspen is built just a few miles away from the Bunkhouse. The Aspen is built in Des Plaines and the Bunkhouse is built in Elk Grove IL.

Link to look at the Bunkhousetrailers is: http://www.bf-specialties.com

The Aspen trailers link is: http://www.trailmasterinc.com

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

this is our 2005 bunkhouse lx pull with 2007 Prius hybrid in tn, NC, KY, WI.IL, In, plenty of room for just about everything as you can see love it my son has 1999 bunkhouse grand estate pull with honda hybrid

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.