Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

Only wish that man had been better at aiming, and GWB not so quick to react...!haha

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

They shoulda capped that mongrel on the spot. That's the President of The United States of America! Like him or not he deserves respect.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
imported post

QDaddy wrote:
They shoulda capped that mongrel on the spot. That's the President of The United States of America! Like him or not he deserves respect.
I definitely respect the position, but just like anyone else, the man has to earn my respect.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

98Wing-487 wrote:
QDaddy wrote:
I definitely respect the position, but just like anyone else, the man has to earn my respect.
The man has earned mine. He has acted on the basis of his convictions, regardless of consequences. We've suffered no attack on U.S. soil since he began to act. Others have done the same -- Washington, Lincoln, Truman, Reagan. I sincerely believe history will treat himmore kindlythanhave his own people. You can be as anti-war as you want, you can blame America first if you want, but regardless, Radical Islam has declared war on the west, declared it holy and sacrosanct, and no amount of wishful hand-wringing by us is going to change that fact. Those people want us dead and buried, pure and simple...... Dane, Brit, Canadian, Italian, whatever....a westerner is a westerner is a westerner.....They have been taking shots at us specifically since the Iranian takeover of our embassy in the seventies, sparked, ironically, by A Democratic president's decision to allow the Shah to seek refuge in the United States.

Those of you who thought you could change all this by electing Barack Obama president? I fear you are in for a greater disappointment than I am...... The Radical Islamists will take their crack at the "change that we can believe in" crowd soon.... and then we shall see.....we shall see.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
The man has earned mine. He has acted on the basis of his convictions, regardless of consequences. We've suffered no attack on U.S. soil since he began to act. Others have done the same -- Washington, Lincoln, Truman, Reagan. I sincerely believe history will treat himmore kindlythanhave his own people. You can be as anti-war as you want, you can blame America first if you want, but regardless, Radical Islam has declared war on the west, declared it holy and sacrosanct, and no amount of wishful hand-wringing by us is going to change that fact. Those people want us dead and buried, pure and simple...... Dane, Brit, Canadian, Italian, whatever....a westerner is a westerner is a westerner.....They have been taking shots at us specifically since the Iranian takeover of our embassy in the seventies, sparked, ironically, by A Democratic president's decision to allow the Shah to seek refuge in the United States.

Those of you who thought you could change all this by electing Barack Obama president? I fear you are in for a greater disappointment than I am...... The Radical Islamists will take their crack at the "change that we can believe in" crowd soon.... and then we shall see.....we shall see.
Couldn't have typed that better meself.:)

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

There is a movement afoot to send old shoes to President Bush. Send them to:

President George W. Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

I sent 6 this morning.

You can also play the online game at:

http://play.sockandawe.com/

Q

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
98Wing-487 wrote:
QDaddy wrote:

Wasn't trying to turn this into a right-wing/left-wing discussion.

I did vote for change but Obama has yet to earn my respect also.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Bush earned my respect early in his administration by being the first President we'd had since Reagan who made it clear that he intended to do something, and then did precisely what he stated he would do.

As for the idiocy of sending shoes to the White House...be prepared to meet with a government official sometime soon...Be it the Secret Service, FBI, or IRS stopping by to invite you over for a fun and friendly game of "Audit"

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

Yeah Right!

http://www.failureisimpossible.com/needtoknow/campaignslogans.htm

Q

MDKramer wrote:
Bush earned my respect early in his administration by being the first President we'd had since Reagan who made it clear that he intended to do something, and then did precisely what he stated he would do.

As for the idiocy of sending shoes to the White House...be prepared to meet with a government official sometime soon...Be it the Secret Service, FBI, or IRS stopping by to invite you over for a fun and friendly game of "Audit"

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I will post here what I posted on the earlier thread

I repsect the office of the president and, as our flag (I stand at attention and salute as the flag passes), salute it, REGARDLESS of whether I agree with the individual who is in the office PERIOD.

Our political sharing needs to relearn the basic values of politness my mother taught me many years ago

the early (300 CE) church leaders were wise tosupport this basic tenent: The efficacy of the sacrament is not dependent upon the moral purity of the celebrant

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Q wrote:
There is a movement afoot to send old shoes to President Bush. Send them to:

President George W. Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

I sent 6 this morning.

Q
you gotta be kidding me!

What is that supposed to prove? What statement is that supposed to make?

The proper way of voicing displeasure is to get involved. Grassroots, or go big-run for office! Thats the AMERICAN way...

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack, that was beautifully eloquent. Well said, patriot!

(I'll stop now).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.