Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have had both the Walmart Butt Pad and the Alaskan Sheep skin Pad and lost the Alaskan when I forgot to take it off the wife's seat and drove away.

I like the Medium size Sheepskin that I had when I rode the ST1300, I had the Sheepskin for about 3 years and it looked like new, the Walmart Pad has worn out in about 8 months, cheap is cheap.

So I think I am going to buy another Alaskan Sheep Skin in Med , the Med fits right inside the seat ,no strap.

I have not tried any other.

Do you all have any recommendations for a tried and true seat pad that will last awhile.

Attachments

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

jesus dont tell me you carry the wife on the trunk :Dheres what i use get it at cycle max was out in spain for a month last year worked a treat especialy in the sooring heat

·
Just one of the guys
4,814 Posts
imported post

I have had an airhawk for a year, I like it the best of anything I have ever tried.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

I'm in the process of trying out the Skwoosh seat cushion. So far it's ok, but I only rode 20 miles with it as a quick test. I'm going to put it under my beads and see how that works because without the beads the arse still gets wet. I think the trick might be to use the Skwoosh under one of those Alaskan sheepskins

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I have had an Australian sheep skin on Betty for over a year so far and still as perfect as new :action:

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

agnogel wrote:
jesus dont tell me you carry the wife on the trunk :Dheres what i use get it at cycle max was out in spain for a month last year worked a treat especialy in the sooring heat

I use one of these also. I also have an alaskan sheepskin and the small was plenty big

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

PBS519 wrote:
I'm going to put it under my beads and see how that works because without the beads the arse still gets wet.
The beads definitely help with the monkey butt.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
I have had an Australian sheep skin on Betty for over a year so far and still as perfect as new :action:
:shock::shock::shock: must...not...go...there....:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,258 Posts
imported post

Have been hearing about those pads at Walmart. What section of the store can they be found?

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
Have been hearing about those pads at Walmart. What section of the store can they be found?
I tried to find 'em the other day at Wally World and they didn't have them any longer. I've heard they discontinued them, but I'm not sure about that.

I've used one for about a year until recently and liked it a lot. Iput it underneath my sheep skin. I gave it to another GL rider who didn't have anything and was hurting. Just my luck...can't find 'em anymore around here...

DeDub

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
imported post

oharaLTD wrote:
agnogel wrote:
I use one of these three. And I love the thing! Lets air in under your Butt.No Sweat. And helps the pressure points and if your bike sits in the sun while your drinking your Ice Teaand it won`t be 108 degrees when you sit on it.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

I very much like the beaded seat covers. It really does allow air beneath your bottom.
Attached is a pic of the seat after two years of constant use. This is the seat I recently replaced. The bike never sat outside in direct sunlight. Also since getting the new seat its a bit softer than the old one, my bottome sure misses the firmer seat and the beaded cover.

If I do another beaded seat it will be used with a towel between it and the seat. The next cover for me to try will be sheepskin.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

DeDubya wrote:
Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
I tried to find 'em the other day at Wally World and they didn't have them any longer. I've heard they discontinued them, but I'm not sure about that.

I've used one for about a year until recently and liked it a lot. Iput it underneath my sheep skin. I gave it to another GL rider who didn't have anything and was hurting. Just my luck...can't find 'em anymore around here...

DeDub
those pads are available at flying j truck stops:waving: 25-30 bucks

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

I have a built in butt pad. I take it with me everywhere I go. :cheeky1::cheeky1:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.