Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:?I am ready to purchase an 08 or 09, my third Gold Wing after 23 years away from the wing fraternity. Gold Wings just didn't fit in the family picture while raising those two fine young men. But, the time is here. I am only dragging my feet and delaying a purchase contemplating the possibilities of 2010. Any news on that front? New design? Serious upgrades to lacking areas like some of the electronics much discussed in wing forums? When are new models intro'd? Late summer,early fall? Forum member thoughts would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

One only live once, what will tomorrow bring?

Get you a bike and enjoy it, no one knows anything about the 2010 model or if there will or will not be one. (there will be one ;)) Won't be a lot of change in it. Maybe the GPS functions will be increased, a couple other minor things, but it will still be the same bike. The 1800 is king of the touring bikes, they are not going to change it.

Kit

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Kit, I am shopping dealerships this weekend. I appreciate you taking a moment to offer your thoughts before my weekend trip to the big city.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

well dude, did you go to the big city and buy you a new wing? like kit said, you only live once, and hell you aint garenteed tomorrow. so why wait? and like he also said, if you sit on one it will call your name till you go buy it! :clapper::clapper::clapper:...rick

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
imported post

It is not just the bike, it is the ride also. You want to ride and I believe you do, then buy a bike. The year not as important as the wind in your face and the tires rolling over the road. Ride long and often.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

There is nothing known about the next year's model of Wing and what if it is a radical change of styling or motor and you don't like it, you will have been a year behind on enjoying some good riding of the current model Wing. :baffled:

Also with production having gone back to Japan, the price increase may prove high, if the economic climate continues fro any length of time. Buying now whilst there are some good deals around on new or near new Wings could prove benificial that way.

Good luck with your searches and be sure to come and tell us what your thoughts are.

:waving:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

Buy Now!

Like others have said, get the bike. Besides if a new design is put on the market there always seems to be a few bugs to work out. Why put up with that?

Get one now that has already gone through that process. It is a great bike.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

For me, I probably wont buy a "new" bike again. I bought 2 bikes brand new. I know wings hold there value a LOT more than the two yammer-hammers I bought, but I dont want to take that selling hit again. I agree, like some have posted, 2 wheels in the wind for me.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,200 Posts
imported post

da_bull wrote:
For me, I probably wont buy a "new" bike again. I bought 2 bikes brand new. I know wings hold there value a LOT more than the two yammer-hammers I bought, but I dont want to take that selling hit again. I agree, like some have posted, 2 wheels in the wind for me.
That is my thoughts altogether also.

I avoid buying new, just can't stand the thought of my hard earned pennies being thrown away before I can even get a tag on that new vehicle. Not to mention the excise taxes buying from a dealer.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

Buy new if money isn't the issue! If you know how you take care of a Goldwing, then why buy a used one that may not have been taken care of, the way you would. Unless you think that you may only keep it a couple of years, then buy used.

Oh what the heck, buy new anyway! You're gonna love it!

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

Ralph73, All year in 08 I was waiting to see what the 09 would be like. Then in 09 I was thinking about the 2010. Last month I bought a 2009 Level 3 Blue Limited Wing. Best thing I have ever done. Remember we could all be dead 2morrow. I dont care if the 2010 has a built in Jet assist. Im in love with my Wing. Wife say's the 86 Aspy has to go I am in love with that old girl also. Do what your heart tell you to do.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Well...................after a Saturday of shopping in the Seattle-Tacoma area & a lot of dealership ground covered during the 9-5 store hours.......I made the leap this morning. I purchased from my local dealer who was willing to match the big city price. I ordered a 2008 Pearl White Airbag; should take about a week to arrive. I can hardly wait. Never imagined I would want the airbag model but with my wife as part of the "team" making the decision, it was something she really wanted and after watching Gold Wing airbag tests on YOUTUBE, I was sold as well. I will be looking to this site for support re: accessories. First on the list: alarm, cover, intercom. Later, foot pegs, trunk rack, backrest, passenger arm rests. Really looking forward to meeting other Wingers and see what the have done with theirs! Thank you for your support and advice.

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

Congratulations Ralph! I sure you'll be very pleased with your choice.

BTW....According to Hal from Honda Direct Line the 2010 will change very little.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

Ralph73 wrote:
Well...................after a Saturday of shopping in the Seattle-Tacoma area & a lot of dealership ground covered during the 9-5 store hours.......I made the leap this morning. I purchased from my local dealer who was willing to match the big city price. I ordered a 2008 Pearl White Airbag; should take about a week to arrive. I can hardly wait. Never imagined I would want the airbag model but with my wife as part of the "team" making the decision, it was something she really wanted and after watching Gold Wing airbag tests on YOUTUBE, I was sold as well. I will be looking to this site for support re: accessories. First on the list: alarm, cover, intercom. Later, foot pegs, trunk rack, backrest, passenger arm rests. Really looking forward to meeting other Wingers and see what the have done with theirs! Thank you for your support and advice.
hey man, congrats on the new wing. you wont be sorry. they are the best. you say intercom?...thats already on there, just hook up and talk to your wife. just go thru the general motorcycle disscussion threads right here and you will see plenty of pics of our bikes......heres to ya man!........rick:clapper::clapper::clapper::18blue::18blue::18blue:

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

if i was you, i would wait till the 2010 model comes out even if it was the same features. it would be newer :p if you cant wait, then just buy it new 09.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Congrats Ralph, I am sure it'll give you YEARS of enjoyment.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,200 Posts
imported post

Congrats Ralph.

You are going to love it, and so will the wife.

It don't get no better..... Fancy English, that :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Big congrats Ralph!!! :clapper::clapper:

Don't forget to pop some pictures of when you collect her from the dealer in the gallery here, we never tire of seeing now owners grinning as they collect their new Wings!!!!:):)

:waving:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Congratulations on the new 1800. :waving: My next one will have the airbag on it also, I think that is just another safety item and what cannot hurt you can only help you.

Kit

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.