Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Was ordering some parts today from www.cyclepartsnation.com & when I got to the shipping charges area they wanted to charge $20.22 USD for 2 ea. swingarm bolt caps. These are plastic & weigh less than half a pound total. I sent an email expressing my disgust & wanted to let you guys know to watch out.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Go to a hardware store (Lowe's, Home Dopot)and buy metal chrome caps in the plumbing department. The are used to cover holes in bathrooms, sinks, etc. Cheap, easy to change out, and look great.:D

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
imported post

that happens alot, and some people on ebay are famous for over charging for shipping they call it handling, i have a few complaints on there for that reason

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
imported post

I was once charged $7.50 shipping for two ounces of dynabeads that cost $5.00. The package was delivered in an envelope by my mailman and had the postage cost on it. It was $2.xx. I called and complained and received a credit on my account.
You must also beware of free shipping. Most vendors add the shipping to their product price and advertise it a free. After checking several vendors, I have found that most times the free shipping ones are not the cheapest.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
imported post

Give companies a break. They need to make money. They've done it for years with postage and handling and now we're finally complaining.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

not to take any sides...... but i have sold on ebay

postage.... that is obvious

the dang box.... okay I went through the pile and found one and packed it

trip to the post office..... 10 miles one way.... and then there is the line

now I ADMIT commercial is VERY different and some stealers jack the price to sell something low

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Yeah , I understand getting a couple of extra bucks that way ,,,,as I have to take pics , make a trip to the po and than again to mail and I have used almost a whole roll of duct tape ($3.50) for some items with having to make ( or find) a box out of 2 or 3 different ones to fit the item,,,,, but it is abused alot .. becareful.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
imported post

I once ordered some plastic spacers from a company that everbody was using to replace the shock bolt sleeves with on VTX 1300's they cost about $4 if memory serves. They weighed maybe 0.5 oz. and shipping was over $7.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
imported post

As long as you know going in what the shipping charges are going to be, should not be a problem. If they are too high then don't bid onit. It's the ones that say we will let you know after you won that you need to run away from.If the seller is close by see if you can pick it up, if they say no, you know its a scam.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

I love Motorcycle Superstore. Free shipping over $100. Best price on tires that I can find as well. I know they don't carry a lot of wing specific items but I have no complaints and think they deserve the 5 star rating.:clapper:And no I don't work for them.:)

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

84GrayWing wrote:
I love Motorcycle Superstore. Free shipping over $100. Best price on tires that I can find as well. I know they don't carry a lot of wing specific items but I have no complaints and think they deserve the 5 star rating.:clapper:And no I don't work for them.:)

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/
ditto:action:

·
Premium Member
2,966 Posts
imported post

On the flipside. I paid JC Whitney for shipping a box. $9 exact fedex shipping rate but the stuff could have fit in an envelope.
i paid for them to shipo me sealed air in plastic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.