Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all I am buying a 98 GL 1500 SE with 98k miles is this a good buy?

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
imported post

Hi

Welcome to forum.

The wings will last a long time, strike that a very long time.

Look after it, service it etc.

its a good vintage, condition, history and price will determine if a good buy.

Put some pictures up if you go for it.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

Depends on lots of things. How does it look? Does it idle right? Ask to see any maintenece records. What is the asking price? Privcate party, or dealer? (I like private partys. They can tell you anything you wnat to know about the bike) Take it out for a test drive.
gumbyred

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks found it a Honda Dealer for 4k+....ealer replacing fuel lines as it sat in thr originals owners garage.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks found it a Honda Dealer for 4k+....ealer replacing fuel lines as it sat in thr originals owners garage

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

So I take it it has running issues. That should not realy be a problem. Is the dealer willing to get the bike running smooth or is it a no warranty deal. The price seems pretty good for a dealer. Is that like 4100 or 4900 dollars
Wilf

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Or is it 4k plus expenses to get it running correctly. If that it's Buyer Beware

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

The more info you supply us the better an answer you can get. Little info statements and questions give vague answers back.

·
Premium Member
62,876 Posts
imported post

If the tires haven't been replaced, check for cracks in the tread and side walls.. Also you might check the nubs under the foot pegs.. [Worn or Not] That can give you a little insight on how the bike was ridden.........

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

As already stated, more information is needed in order for anyone to give you a thumbs up or down on this bike.
If you are unsure of the value of a bike needing a little OR a lot of work, maybe you need to take a close motorcycling friend along to the dealer to check this bike out.
To me the price ($4100 or $4900)sounds too good to be true. If it is $4000 plus the repairs the dealer is going to do, you better get an agreed upon price for the work or you may be getting spirally inclined AKA SCREWED!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thaks allfor the great info! Bike looks to be in impecaqnle condition...PO was OR and bought the bike form the dealer I am butying from...has had all maintenance done to the bike at the dealer... bike 4900.00 with work done... fuel line issuse done...complete maintenace lookover.. (new sparks plugs, battery, tune up, oil change). I have not dropped any money yet...Will take a test drice and check bike before laying down the cash...Thanks fro ther info and I will definetly check the ttires and drag pegs...Will have to shave the seat a little as I am vertically challenged.....(LOL) Will have to the tip toe dance on the way home! Any other advice will be greatly appreciated! Total cost of bike with all the work done will be $6270.00...?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.