Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have found a bike that is offered as a 'parts bike' The owner has no ownership but will give me a bill of sale.

Does anyone know what the deal is in Ontario if I wanted to put this bike on the road??

Thanks!!

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

I went through a similar issue in the past with a CJ2 willy's, I had to go to a Justice of the Peace & get a sworn statement that the original ownership had been lost & there was no record of the serial # with MTO. I was then given a new ownership & plates. MTO would be your best bet for directions. Good Luck. :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

How about having a policeofficer run the vin number before making any purchase . Make sure no hits come back on the frame.(stolen' salvaged , etc).

I would do that even for a parts bike. You may even be able to find out last person bike was registered to. It wouldnt be crazy to send a letter including your phonenumber to the last registeered person.

besides that Im not sure of the local laws pertaining re titling a bike. In my comunist stae of New jersey is almost impossible.

Good luck.

Jose

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

If you can get the VIN you could casually ask at a licence office if they have listed owner. Or pay the $25fora used vehical package. Gives any leins and the previous owners.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

I did a few of those deals when I lived in "Onterrible". I had to give a written decloration that stated the words "I am the legal & rightfull owner of this vehicle" in the explination of how I got it & a request for a new regristration to be issued. It normally took 30 days for the bureau to trace the path of the registration to confirm that the title was clear.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
In Massachusetts, no title / active registration, no dice
Actually, that's not entirely true. I bought a non-titled GL1000 in New Hampshire last year. With the NH registration & a bill of sale, I titled it in MA. No problems-- I was amazed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.