Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,
I Thought I had been a member for several years, but my password has been messed up so I'm using a new member name.
Anyways....I'm looking a t buying a 1980-88 Goldwing. What should I look out for as I have only owned one (a GL1000 w/ carb problems).
michel

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
Sorry about the password problem, a lot of that going on. 80-88 includes 3 different models & all of those are old so there are bound to be problems. Carbs and electrical glitches mostly.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,153 Posts
HI all,
I Thought I had been a member for several years, but my password has been messed up so I'm using a new member name.
Anyways....I'm looking a t buying a 1980-88 Goldwing. What should I look out for as I have only owned one (a GL1000 w/ carb problems).
michel
what is your old username?
I will attempt to send a Reset Password to your email.... however, it will have to be the email registered with the forum. I can't change that anymore.... but, if you want it back, you can send a request to the IT managers and maybe next year they will get around to responding :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o;ld name = vtcycle, if you can't change it back no problem. I 'm not worried about it. - michel

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,153 Posts
is the old email address still available to you?
michel at vtcycle.com

if it is, we can send you a Reset Password, in fact, I will do that now in case you can access it.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
87 1200 would be the latest 1200 and probably the best of the 1200,
83 1100 many ( me included) think it’s the best of the 1100
88 was the first 1500 and most of them now have many miles but still run good but as Dave said do have carb issues if let set for a long time

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
HI all,
michel
Would you rather have 4 carburetors to deal with or 2 carburetors to deal with...?

1980 - 1987 has 4 carburetors. !988 has 2 carburetors.

Would you rather have 4 cylinders or 6 cylinders...?

1980 - 1987 has 4 cylinders. 1988 has 6 cylinders.

Would you like to have reverse..? 1988 has reverse....

Also the 1988 has a few additional features not on the other years.

Your choice.....!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts