Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Getting ready to put new brake pads on my 84 1200A. With all the new types of brake pads (sintered, metal, organic, etc.) lets get some opinions on what will work for me and where to buy. I've noticed there's a lot of them for sale on Ebay which means I can get them cheaper somewhere else. Well how about everyone.

ChickenWing1200

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ChickenWing1200 wrote:
Getting ready to put new brake pads on my 84 1200A. With all the new types of brake pads (sintered, metal, organic, etc.) lets get some opinions on what will work for me and where to buy. I've noticed there's a lot of them for sale on Ebay which means I can get them cheaper somewhere else. Well how about everyone.

ChickenWing1200
I got EBCs from Hinshaws at Highway 167 and 18. They had both Honda and EBC pads and the price wasn't bad.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

got mine from Saber Cycle online. $85.00 US for all three sets including shipping. Dont know if thats a good deal or not, but I got what I needed and it was FAST!

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

I get the GL1200 brake pads from JC Whitney.. $24.95 per set + shipping. Semi metalic.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Anyone have experience with ceramic pads on a wing? I put them on my car, and love them, but I want to know how they handle on a bike.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

No... Should be careful.. They might score into the rotors.. Don't know for sure though... :weightlifter:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I think the same way, I'd rather wear out pads than rotors, cheaper and easier to replace.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thanks for all the response. Based on what I have read it looks like I make a good choice. I also wouund up buying EBC organic from Hinshaw Honda. Price was just about as good as it gets. Not the least but not the most.

After looking up a lot of info on brakes and based on what I have seen with cars I would agree that its best to stay away from hardened pads. Especially considering the cost of calipers for these bikes.

CW1200

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.