Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Fellow bikers........I'm doing a bit of research regarding buying a pre-owned GW in Savannah. Based in the UK I have no access to your local adverts and rely on the internet but so far I've not had much luck - even Cycle Trader only lists 1 GW.

Any tips where to look would be of great help.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
imported post

I'm not too far from Savannah and I hardly ever see a wing for sale around here. What are you looking for? 1500, 1800 ? I can help you look.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Tim, I would only consider a low mileage 1800. The reason being that I intend to export it back to the UK eventually (18 months/2years) and the 1800 is easier to sell over here.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Why are you looking in one area? Are you planning a trip to that region? there is many other area's with a good selection to choose from. The U.S.A. seems to be a bit cheaper than canada but there are deals everywhere. If you want links to on line bike sales in Canada just to compare prices, Let me know.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

The trip pretty much starts and finnishs in Savannah where I also have a storage possibility until my next visit.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi Rogormortis and a warm welcome to the site. :waving:

My best advise to you is buy a nice 2009 model 1800 in Silver and leave it in Savannah !!:shock:That way, I can go back next year and borrow it for the next Meet & Greet!!!:clapper::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Seriously though, you might want to look at our member's list for South Carolina and send some of the active members a PM to ask them to keep their eyes peeled for a nice 1800 at around the price you would like to spend. There are many active members in that area and I recently had the privilege of meeting many of them. :):)

You might also extend your searches into NC and GA or even TN as these are not far from Savannah, ( which incidentally is a beautiful place, as we discovered with SB in SC and WVboy).

Wexy, our mainstayof the site buys many bikes in from WOW motorcycles in Marrietta in GA and it may well be a good idea to strike up correspondence with him, since he brings Wings over to Ireland all the time.

Good luck with your searches and look forward to seeing you at the Meet & Greet in Scotland in May if you can make it:). ( details in the events forum)

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

Rigormortis wrote:
The trip pretty much starts and finnishs in Savannah where I also have a storage possibility until my next visit.
if you find one in central florida, i am only 5 hours from Savannah. plus it would give me good reason for a trip to my favorite town.

Robin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.