Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys

I Have the opportunity to buy a super clean 1995 gl 1500 for aprox 6500$.

The thing is, its winter here and test drive is not possible could anybody give me hits so i could go and grab this bike if its ok.

Second: is the price ok for this bike it as 73,000 km and mint .....

Norm...

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
imported post

Good question- I'll wait for your answer too.

I let a friend borrow my wing for an overnight trip with his wife. He wife had back surgery, and could not ride his crotch rocket in confort. She has not been back on her husbands bike since (oops). "His wife" informed me they are getting a used GL1500 as soon as their taxes are back. :whoops:

·
1,704 Posts
imported post

Hurry up , that cheap , here in "nice" Denmark the price is around 30000$ for a bike like that ! -yes 30000$ !!! (but only with Danish numberplates , - we have 180% tax on bikes and cars ).LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

SMEDEN(=the blacksmith) wrote:
Hurry up , that cheap , here in "nice" Denmark the price is around 30000$ for a bike like that ! -yes 30000$ !!! (but only with Danish numberplates , - we have 180% tax on bikes and cars ).LOL.
oUCH

Thats crazy. Does your income reflect the cost of the bike.

And for the $6500 in quebec in the winter is probly a fair prick but not great in my opion. Bargan a little more i think

Wilf

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
imported post

I certainly would not buy a bike without being able to ride it first. Sellers usually ask a little more than they are actually willing to take, so you should be in good shape for negotiating your way into a great buy.
I suppose that you could at least start it on the center stand and run through the gears and also make sure all the lights, instruments, signals and electronics work properly.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks

WILF and CBH

I was told by a freind this morning it was a super deal and it was going to be a fast seller OUTCH when i got to the bike i notices first it was an interstate ( no cruise No reverse a basic bike)plus its in MPH not in KM I now own a LTD and will not go to this bike specialy at that price... any way thanks for the info and will keep up searching ciao.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
imported post

At best the Interstate is valued at $6420 but that is listed as
EXCELLENT" At that many miles it's tough to believe it is excellent. Granted they will run forever and 73000KM isn't a lot but remember that the riding season in Canada isn't the same as the Southern US. A VERY GOOD Interstate is listed for $4355.00 (US). It is winter time and it's location alone will inhibit the sale of it. Is it possible to trailer it to a large parking garage or maybe a field house somewhere where you could at least get a small test ride???

Short answer is unless it is show room condition I'd not be paying that price this time of the year.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

this time of the year is starting to put out good deals on some used bike but road test are impossible. i am looking for somme point to check like visual cuz all we do is start the engine i dont wanna miss a good deal...

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

this time of the year is starting to put out good deals on some used bike but road test are impossible. i am looking for somme point to check like visual cuz all we do is start the engine i dont wanna miss a good deal...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.