Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm fairly close to getting a new Wing and sadly the local dealer loves retail. I've bought 3 bikes from them in the past but they just aren't dealing and when I went to ebay and looked at some dealer bikes there it appears I could save about 4 thousand bucks.

I live in Oregon and it looks like some dealers in the south have the bike I want. Anyone have a good or bad experience dealing out of state? Since we don't have sales tax in Oregon that won't be added to the price when I get back home. It's a big savings. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

When I was selling cars, I sold quit a bit to people out of town... Talk with a salesmen and get to know him as best you can via phone convo and work your best deal over the phone, (on new) if it is used, post where it is and I am sure we have members close that would go look it over for you.

Get the offers in print, so they cannot back out or add anything to it. Then when you get to the dealer deal with the salemen you talked to on the phone.:waving:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

to add to what Digger said, there may be some members on here that have delt with the dealer. Contact them or even post it on here and see if someone will chime in on their experiences with them.

Good luck on your purchase!!

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the replies. I've talked with two dealers so far. One is Honda of Russelville in Arkansas and the other is a dealer in Rockingham North Carolina. Both sell on ebay.

The worst thing would be for me to get out there only to find out the bike didn't exist. That would get the blood flowing wouldn't it.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

If the NC dealer doesn't have one when you get there, I have a CX 500 you can ride back for my little brother.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
imported post

i bought a used 05 from a private source in alabama the seller sent me pictures and the vin # so i could check it out then my insurance agent contacted a local office in selma alabama and the checked it out even closer before the money was transfered to his bank worked out fine for me

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
imported post

The only thing I would be worried about if buying from an out of state dealer is getting it serviced at the local shop..I bought a dodge years ago from a dealer shipout of state and they were by far the cheapest but we fought to get any work done at a factory shop cause the dearship we bought our car at undercut everyone so bad..

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

with most Honda dealers, its gonna be a pain to get it serviced anyway!!:cooldevil::cooldevil:

I don't know, with it being a new bike, you will probably be set for a couple of months

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

Got my 1500 from a seller in California thru e-bay and had it trucked here.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

All good advice and I appreciate the experiences.

Tomorrow when the local dealer opens I'm going to head on down and tell the salesman that I honestly can't pay several thousand more for the same model. If they are willing to meet me in the middle then I'll pay a couple of thousand more and purchase it local. If they hold fast (they always do) that I'll be forced to purchase out of state.

Not long ago I purchased tires for my Kawasaki 2000 from a shop other than theirs. I asked them if they'd still install them for me as though I had purchased the tires there. They were cool and didn't charge more than they normally would have. In fact they understood that the shop I bought the tires through sold them for less than they paid for the same set.

So we'll see. I'd like to maintain a good relationship with the local shop but that's in their hands now, not mine.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Lazyboy wrote:
All good advice and I appreciate the experiences.

Tomorrow when the local dealer opens I'm going to head on down and tell the salesman that I honestly can't pay several thousand more for the same model. If they are willing to meet me in the middle then I'll pay a couple of thousand more and purchase it local. If they hold fast (they always do) that I'll be forced to purchase out of state.
Take proof of the other dealers offer... Otherwise they may think you are trying to blow smoke up their butts:waving:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
Take proof of the other dealers offer... Otherwise they may think you are trying to blow smoke up their butts:waving:
but but but they love me :):coollep:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
explaines why you live in butt falls :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
I'm ashamed to say why I live here. Mostly because I'm just stupid. Being a city guy all my life I thought the country life is for me. Sounds like Green Acres right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.