Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

It's funny the mixed feelings I get buying parts.

I just out in a $270.00 order on Bike Bandit. Ordered a couple seals for the Wing and the tires for the old lady's bike.

I've been stashing the money for a month, specifically to buy these parts. But actually spending the money...even on the intended use...

I don't know it's weird. It's like I've been holding it so tight making sure not to spend it on anything else so we can get these parts that even spending it on the parts I feel like I'm squandering it anyway.

At any rate it won't be long and I'll have all the parts I need to get both bikes road worthy again for another season. Really lookin forward to riding again.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

You think about that money next spring when you break those bikes out and you and your wife are cruising the roads.........

Think about that money...........

Squandered....???

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

Here today, gone tomorrow.

Now you see it, now you don't.

Burning a hole in your pocket.

Paying the Piper.

And a thousand more was to describe how our money departs our pockets.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I guess squandering was the wrong way to describe it. Maybe it's just that I was so intent on not spending it, now that I have it feels like I shouldn't have. I've still got the "better not spend that" in my head or summin.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

My GF wanted a $500,- leather shorts while we visited Gibtown bikeweek last week. The short was nice but I thought it was a bit too much, until the vendor threw in a set of floorboards, grips, cupholder, and some cruise pegs all from Kuryakyn and in ISO style. The $500,- shorts all of a sudden became a good deal....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it......:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

I am betting both your girls are looking good in there new dress ups ;)

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
I am betting both your girls are looking good in there new dress ups ;)
You bet they do..... :) Hopefully another vendor will throw in a new Corbin next time she wants something....

·
1,716 Posts
imported post

When my car needs parts , i can wait until i find them WERY cheap .
When my bikes need parts , the price dosnt matter . LOL

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Money spent on tyres and servicing items is hardly squandered, more like investment.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
imported post

doing the work myself makes the bucks for parts seem inexspensive as opposed to sending it out ,yeh, i have a problem with paying someone more per hour than i make,and besides 270 bucks can get eattin up pretty quick with towing charges,that was money well spent for repairrs in my mind,then again that kinda money is a lot of miles in a fuel tank as well,uummm parts or gas,oh well

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Her tires? Yeah they were just delivered!!!

The parts for my Wing int he same order? Yeah those are "cross shipped" and "on order" WTF?

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:

The parts for my Wing int he same order? Yeah those are "cross shipped" and "on order" WTF?
I'm sure she will let you ride on the back. After all you did buy her new tires and all...:shock:

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Kimswang wrote:
Broke Winger wrote:

I'm sure she will let you ride on the back.  After all you did buy her new tires and all...:shock:
:ShakeHead: Yeah, no that's NOT going to happen. I might put her on the b1tch seat of her own bike but no way in h3ll I'm sitting back there.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:
Kimswang wrote:
Broke Winger wrote:

I'm sure she will let you ride on the back. After all you did buy her new tires and all...:shock:
:ShakeHead: Yeah, no that's NOT going to happen. I might put her on the b1tch seat of her own bike but no way in h3ll I'm sitting back there.

Come on now. Just do it and let her take that picture for your next x-mas cards, she will love you forever.......;)

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Actually, I have sat back there and lets just say holding on is quite pleasant!!!

But I'd never ride back there.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

The fender for the old lady's Yamaha arrived today. I bought off eBay. The pictures in the listing didn't show how one end of it is all mangled, and there was no mention of it int he description "Not original paint" was the only description. looking at the pictures it's obvious the paint is horrible, so any irregularities just look like bad paint. But this thing looks like it was balled up and then poorly smoothed out again.

The listing contained a phone number. i left a message explain how unhappy I am. They have 24 hours to respond. if they don't I going to file a complaint with eBay and a "charge back" with paypal.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,202 Posts
imported post

Go get 'em tiger. I know you can do it.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

I hate when that happens, hope you get it solved quickly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.