Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back i seem to recall seeing a thread about a hard starting GL 1500. One of the answers was to clean the C 54 connector. I don't remember where it was located and how do I know which it is??? I have the bike apart part way now to check air filter etc and figured this would be a good time to service it.
Limpy

·
Administrator
25,352 Posts
It is on the right side of the air box. A white 4 pin connector

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Here
A while back i seem to recall seeing a thread about a hard starting GL 1500. One of the answers was to clean the C 54 connector. I don't remember where it was located and how do I know which it is??? I have the bike apart part way now to check air filter etc and figured this would be a good time to service it.
Limpy
Here

Attachments

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
As I recall, , , the connector is above the right side fan, ,i think its the red connector.
This might help,

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!! I will have to check it and clean it. It does start much better for now after putting in the 90 amp alternator for some reason. I would guess the battery is getting charged on short trips maybe?

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
short trips are the bane of any battery, no matter how new, or what type.
Wet Cell, or AGM.

that is precisely why I use Battery Tenders..
their slow charging rate ensures that the battery is brought back up to where it should be.

·
Administrator
25,352 Posts
short trips are the bane of any battery, .

Or any vehicle. It's harder on it to start it and go a mile than start it and go 1000 miles.

·
Registered
2000 GL1500SE
1,375 Posts
As I recall, , , the connector is above the right side fan, ,i think its the red connector.
This might help,
As Bluthundr31 stated, if cleaning C54 doesn't solve the problem, you can try the modification I have done and still been using a wet cell battery for 5 years without any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts