Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I went to the Caberg web site, and fell in love with the helmets. Where can I get one? Their site shows nothing for us hicks in Oregon.

I love the look! Specifically the Justissimo FX.

Help me find one! Or two, I mean, I need one for Momma

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

I have always been pleased with my HJC helmets. The fit and finish isn't as nice as the Shoeis and higher end helmets, but for a solid color throughout helmet, they are really good for the price. I just got a HJC flip up in yesterday and am putting a layer or ten of wax on it right now to keep it spiffy. I ordered it from helmetcity.com and was pleased with their service.

http://helmetcity.com

Does anybody have any tips for helmet maintainance? I'm using the new armor-all Wax-it-dry Gel.... it has Carnauba and goes on really easy without leaving any haze or crust and gives a knockout shine.

Green tunnels and no stop signs

Sterling

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Give me a call . I sell them at my shop and have a large inventory.

Ride Safe & God Bless,

Dan Kenney
Motovation Cycles & Accessories
301-472-1811

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

SoulvilleUSA wrote:
Does anybody have any tips for helmet maintainance? I'm using the new armor-all Wax-it-dry Gel.... it has Carnauba and goes on really easy without leaving any haze or crust and gives a knockout shine.

Green tunnels and no stop signs

Sterling
Yeah, leave it rightside up on your bike so you won't get bird crap in it!:cheeky1:

Try to drop it less than I do!

Personally I don't think those shiney ones looked like they've been lived in!

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

motovationcycles wrote:
Give me a call . I sell them at my shop and have a large inventory.

Ride Safe & God Bless,

Dan Kenney
301-472-1811
Hello Dan,:waving:

Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum in the world, Do you have any Goldwing things for sale?:stumped: What kind of Bike do you have?

dean_3326 :12red::cooldj:

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
imported post

Spent 500euro on two carberg lids for myself & the missus. Wouldn't touch them again. Going to sell these and buy an Arai or something. Lids won't take the J&M intercom properly. Very disappointed :(:(:(

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Man, I thought I was doing good when I spent $120 on a pair of helmets!

G

·
imported post

medic1 wrote:
Spent 500euro on two carberg lids for myself & the missus. Going to sell these and buy an Arai or something. Very disappointed
Hey medic1 :waving: Who the hell is going to buy a second hand helmet. :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
medic1 wrote:
Spent 500euro on two carberg lids for myself & the missus. Going to sell these and buy an Arai or something. Very disappointed
Hey medic1 :waving: Who the hell is going to buy a second hand helmet. :stumped:
:whip:Obviously someone who doesn't want to spend 500 Euros on twohelmets!:whip:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

I buy secondhand helmets!

As long as the inner and outer shells and the suspension is in good shape, refelting them turns out to be a breeze.

That matching pair of Bell Elite II Ltds I have cost me all of $25.00 including all my materials. They fit perfect and I defy you to pick them off as used.

What sizes and colours are the Cabergs and what price are you asking?

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
imported post

Redwing,

Fair point. I've used this helmet three times, all in the last month. My wife's helmet was only used on Sunday for an hour so she could get used to being on the bike with me. It would depend on the condition of the helmet but in general I've always had my own so it never really bothered me.

G

·
imported post

Hey medic1 :waving:Get on the blower quick. :clapper:Brojees is looking to buy your helmets. :jumper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Man, I thought I was doing good when I spent $120 on a pair of helmets!
Hey Paul:waving:Maybe Redwing has enough money to boost our motorcycle shopping taste up a notch.....;) Iwould not mind trying to figure out which color I choose on my new 1800, I might let him pick thecolor for me..........Abouthow much do you figureit cost him to wire a few hundred thousand US dollars to Washington and Texas?:clapper:

:12red::cooldj:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Problem installing J&M headsets?. We put them in all of the time no problem. E-mail me and I will help you out.

Ride Safe & God Bless,

Dan Kenney

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

I am sorry you were disappointed with the Caberg, but I have heard that either you will love it or hate it. I really like my Caberg. Try Ebay... You may have a good chance of selling it there. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
I went to the Caberg web site, and fell in love with the helmets. Where can I get one? Their site shows nothing for us hicks in Oregon.

I am new this this website, but I wanted to share my experience with everyone in getting my Caberg helmetfrom Sierra BMW dealership in Nevada. Here is their website: http://www.sierrabmw.bigstep.com/category.html?UCIDs=878393

Let me tell you that Tom Lynn at the dealership was great in helping me with my purchase. I was thought I was paying about $345.00 dollars total for the helmet to include shipping and handling, but when it arrived I found out they gave me a $50.00 discount and only charged me $9.95 special handling fee. I ended up paying $289.00 dollars. It is a great helmet. I would check this BMW dealership out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:

Didn't worry me, I bought my Caberg Justissimo helmet second hand.

What I like about it:

• Fits quite comfortably
  • The flip down inner sun visor
  • Easy opening - one handed, centre button
What I don't like:

• Hasn't got the double glazing and mists up when fully closed
  • I find I get a little more wind noise than I did with the Nolan - either that or Foxy has always got stomach problems when I ride with him!!:cheeky1::cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.