Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My wife and I each have Chatterbox FRS X2 systems that we use when we're out on two bikes. They work amazingly well. When we're both on the Wing, we'd like to use the onboard audio/intercom system. Unfortunately, the cabling for the Chatterbox headsets isn't compatible with the Wing system. The Chatterbox plug is smaller for one thing.

Does anyone know if anyone makes a cable to make this work (Chatterbox doesn't) or how to wire a Wing plug to a Chatterbox cable or vice versa?

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

I'm pretty sure the mic on the chatterbox headsets are electrec and the Honda system requires a dynamic mic and thus it is a little complicated trying to get it to work properly. Air Rider at one time used a 9v battery in the lower cord of their headset but it was very troublesome and thus they no longer offer that configuration. J&M offered an electrec mic in 1986 and it required a 6 pin cord at the bike and in 1988 Honda put a few of these 6 pin systems on OEM. Had a lot of problems with using an open face for the driver and a full face for the passenger or any combination where the mic was not position just right. There are still a few of these odd-ball 6 pin systems around.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I use chatterbox brand headsets on my 96 1500 se, and chatterbox supplied conversion cables for the Honda system. I don't have the part number handy. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.