Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How superstitious are you? I am a bit, despite the scientific proof.
The 13 means nothing and the chance of something bad happening is the same as any other day.

Yesterday Dec 13 I took my SUV to Daytona to buy some construction material.
On a back road I was doing about 30 MPH when a car approached me on this two way road. . He was going at a legal speed.
About 50 ft from me he completely crossed over the center of the road and was heading for a head on collision with me. I had enough time to say WTF?
Within feet he redirected his car on his side of the road.
I think he was on the phone texting.

Nothing really happened. I will never remember the date.
But ifhe did hit me I would have heavily imprint it in my mind as THE THIRTEEN.
If an accident happens on any other date you'd forget the exact date except THE THIRTEEN.

·
Administrator
25,728 Posts
But it is Friday the 13th that is supposed to be bad luck. Any other day that falls on the 13th is just another day.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Im really superstitious, mainly Black cats. I will turn around if they cross the road. I lost 2 friends at different times after a black cat crossed in front of me. I try not to look at the color of a cat any longer, this is how bad it was with me. I've even owned a black cat to help, no help. Deep down I know its a lie, but still makes it hard. The number 13 is also a gang sign its the letter "M" in the alphabet. Many Mexican gangs use it as a moniker. MS13, Surenos 13, Eastside13, to name a few. Glad the day turned out for you though that could of been a horrible accident.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts