Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

...keep meaning to move those things up and back. :D

...two days after running 75/80mph for about an hour or so, wearing jeans and service shoes, no boots.

So that "straight out-n-naked" design just don't work for highway pegs on this bike. :gunhead:

Maybe I'll start working on moving them highway pegs around. :smiler:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

OUCH........ That's going to leave a mark..................

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Dood! That looks like it smarts. And believe me, nothing hurts like a burn. I have similar problems with the Valk.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

note to self........
engines get hot - hot things cause burns - keep body parts away from hot things .

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Yeah, it felt a little hot down there. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

ATGATT

Use leather chaps, or riding pants to protect from the heat, and the unscheduled get off!

There is a reason a fireman wears all that clothing when going into a hot building, it keeps him cooler than only a shirt and pants will.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

When I wear my boots it won't happen. I was wearing service shoes that day though anddidn't plan on heading out like I did on the 'Wing. The peg positions are temporary. I haven't gotten around to moving them up and back yet. I've got the positions worked-out, just haven't made the brackets yet.

...procrastination caused that burn. :)

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

OUCH!

I had a similar problem the other day when resting my toes on the highway pegs and heals resting on the floorboards. Luckily my leg wasn't resting there long enough to get to that point.

On another subject... dude get some sun on those legs. :D

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

It had a big blister that night. It's a pretty deep burn. Sure didn't feel like it was that hot though. I've got a high pain threshold but was feeling it. Just didn't think it was anything near what it has become.

Them valve covers get hot.

Yep, I've often thought about tanning these Adonis-like legs of mine, but I'd do nothing but have to repel women if I did. I don't even remember the last time I wore shorts outside. ...

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

on the close up, it looks like a big bloodshot eye looking up at you. :cool:................................maybe its trying to tell you something...:shock:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

IdahoRaider wrote:
on the close up, it looks like a big bloodshot eye looking up at you. :cool:................................maybe its trying to tell you something...:shock:
It is, it's saying "KEEP YOUR FRICKIN BODY PARTS OFF OF THE HOT THINGS!!!!!". :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

...a bloodshot eye. It does, doesn't it... :ROFL:

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

Maybe you could sue Harley..........

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Yeah. Won't get that burn on no Harley valve cover though. Be in one funny riding position to get it with knees up that high.

That ain't my kind of riding position. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

reminds me of when i burnt my calf off on a motorcycle exh pipe rounding up cattle....

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

I had a high-piped rigid Triumph that would burn my a$$ in slow traffic. I had heat shields under my seat, so it wasn't so bad.

But yeah, ...that rush-hour traffic in the summer could be a PITA.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've never managed to do that on a 'Wing. But then most of my riding has been on 1100-1800s not much on a 1000. Where are your rider pegs that get you down that low or was it the rocker cover that did the dirty deed to you? I got a burn once up on an inner thigh, nasty place to get one too, due to a missing pipe guard on a high pipedscrambler I had back when. You know you just can't park the thing when a piece is missing when you're in your teens.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Rocker cover got me. This is not the actual peg below. I have afactory-front pegthatsits out a bit further. It's the most recent pic of that area though.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.