Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
imported post

WolfMan Jim You nailed it! I'm going to check out some of the other DMV offices in the valley here and see how they measure up but that was my revelation as well....Where in the heck is my front tire right now ?

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
imported post

As I come away from a stop light, twisting the throttle, leaping from gear to gear reaching breathtaking and breaknecking speeds I think," Everything feels good, she's handling great,... wherever that front tire is! LOL!:applause:

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

Up here in N.Y. they make you bring a lic. motorcycle driver in a cage for the instructor to ride in. He checks your bike out then gives you instructions like pull away from here go to stoplite turn right then pull over to the side of the street, then he gets out of the vehicle and tells you ok you go from here into 2 left hand circles come out of the 2nd circle go into 2 figure 8's come out of 2nd figure 8 do 2 right hand circles and then pull over and stop where you started from. the trick is you got to watch for traffic and don't put your foot down or touch a curb or your done and failed. now mind you some of those side street aren't very wide to begin with with pot holes and whatever, then tells you to pull out go to stop sign turn left then left agin and your back to where you started your test from. And yes you can take it on a smaller bike here as well as I did many moons ago on a honda 175.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

saltmar14 wrote:
My son just took the Nevada motorcycle class, they use honda 250 nighthawks and rebels.Some of the things hey do would be tough on a large, heavy bike such as the tight turns and figure eights. I asked the instructors about the advanced rider class and they told me on the first day you have to ride the tight figure eights ONE HANDED and if your tire crosses a line you are sent home and forfeit the fee.
The classs are limited to 14 students yet the two campuses have over 70 bikes. thats where our tax moneys go. they say they will have an auction soon and replace some of the bikes, where watching for a date, my 82 cm250c used to be one of the class bikes from years past but still runs great.
That doesn't seem like a great idea on a 900 pound wing.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,640 Posts
imported post

circlepilot wrote:
Armo wrote:
boy, everyone here sounds sooo "old" !!
And "WISE."
Norm
Norm, I'm sure it was just a typo, and what Armo meant was everybody sounds sold. As in convinced the course can be ridden on a larger bike, or, convinced that it would be impossible, or, hey Armo...what did you mean?

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
imported post

hey guys, yes I join you because I am also old, if you count 55 as old.
but the corse can be passed if the bike has a short wheel base as the goldwings do, also I passed it on my BMW R100 touring with luggage and full fairing, (frount heavy), but the instructor at Reedly did say, you should have no problem as Harlys have also passed, as long as you keep the front wheel within the lines, going clockwise, then again counter clockwise.
A smaller bike is not nessary unless one is not confident on a larger bike.
My Yamaha 1100 silverado has been stolen , so now I look to replace it with possibly a Kawasaki Nomad.
okay?

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
imported post

sorry for all the missed spelled words, must be what you old people call it, "a senior moment".

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

I don't think you are having senior moments, your brain is just a lot faster than your fingers!!! You probably end up with a lot of misspelled words because your brain is already half a sentence ahead of where you're typing. Yeah that's it!!!

;);)

Henry

besides, I'm 57 and according to my grandkids that is not old!!! (gotta love em)

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,640 Posts
imported post

Old age and poor spelling are as common on this GoldWing forum as, well...

...GoldWings. :action:

·
Master Sgt. USAF Retired.
243 Posts
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
circlepilot wrote:
Armo wrote:
boy, everyone here sounds sooo "old" !!
And "WISE."
Norm
Norm, I'm sure it was just a typo, and what Armo meant was everybody sounds sold. As in convinced the course can be ridden on a larger bike, or, convinced that it would be impossible, or, hey Armo...what did you mean?
"With age comes knowledge."...Especially after you busted your rear end a few times and come to realize..."Holy crap Batman! I'm not going to try that again." :shock:

"There are those who will and those who have and will again...Put one down."
Norm

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.