Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings eh! I have been asked by the GWTA (Gold Wing Touring Association) to organize a new Niagara Region Chapter for GWTA. If you are interested in getting involved, or just in finding out about GWTA and the benefits of membership, we are having an initial get together on Saturday March 2nd, over breakfast at 9.30, in St Catharines. The Ontario GWTA president will be there to tell us all about it and answer any questions. I have been a member of the Toronto GWTA chapter, but have now moved to St Catharines, and as we don't have a chapter in the Niagara region, I volunteered to help get one started.
GWTA can perhaps best be described as a friendship organization, where you can get to meet and make friends with like minded people - i.e. interested in motorcycle riding. We organize all sorts of rides - long and short, ride in lunches with other chapters, charity poker runs, etc., etc. As well we meet once a month for a BMR - breakfast Meeting Ride - and chapter members usually pick a local Tim Hortons where they congregate one evening a week to shoot the breeze and even do some evening rides.
If you are interested, and would like to come to the information meeting, please send me a PM with your e-mail/tel number, and I will get back to you with location details. If you have friends in the area who also ride, they would also be welcome to come - we don't limit membership to GoldWings - any bike is welcome!
SAL.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
GWTA vs. GWRRA

Does this organization have different goals than GWRRA?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems to me that GWTA is very similar to GWRRA. The biggest difference that I can see is that we encourage members with any type of motorcycle, not just Goldwings. In my chapter there are about 80% Wings, and 20% mixture of quite a few makes - Harley, BMW, Kawasaki, Yamaha, etc. :)

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Seems to me that GWTA is very similar to GWRRA. The biggest difference that I can see is that we encourage members with any type of motorcycle, not just Goldwings. In my chapter there are about 80% Wings, and 20% mixture of quite a few makes - Harley, BMW, Kawasaki, Yamaha, etc. :)
Then there is no difference, you don't necessarily have to ride a Gold Wing to belong to GWRRA either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.