Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can the cams be interchanged or would I need to change the heads?

If the heads would have to be changed, will gl1000 heads fit an 1100?

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
imported post

Pie , what is it you are trying to do ? 1000 cams would swap between models of 1000s. Some change in performance could occur .75-77 cams are different from 78/79. 1100 cams would swap between 1100s . 1100 cams wouldnt allow for the points to operate on a 1000. 1000 cams would need the points end of the left cam removed to fit the 1100 cam cap . ( you could install the points housing on the 1100 I suppose to use the 1000 cam).

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
Pie , what is it you are trying to do ?
It has what I think is cam follwer noise that I can't pin point. And I have a 1000 motor lying around I could rob the heads off of.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

pie, i believe this subject has been beat to death, so i might as well hit it a time or two, as it cant bite if it is dead. lol these heads are a little or a lot noisy depending on how loud your radio is and how loud the wind in your ears is. i personally would not swap to the 1000 cams.
now the real reason for my rambling is to say hey. we are from the same neck of the bottoms. i was raised in rector arkansas. and spent alot of time in kennett. good luck with the wing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.