Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Wiped out my old digital last week and looking to replace it. What do you use?

Need some ideas for the following:

Shooting while underway.

Light rain situations.

Shirt pocket storage. Ease of use.

This might be my last camera purchase.

Been on the internet and the confusion level is high. Thought you could cut to the chase, so to speak.

Ran up to northern Michigan and almost got bombed by an Eagle south of Houghton Lake on 127. No camera to capture the remaining show.

Longboater,

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Well, I'm no expert, but wifey got me a little Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS80....

inexpensive (could probably have three of them for the price paid for some comparable cameras......)

small, light........

very easy to use (although the Instructional Guide is impossible to understand......)

I carry mine in my tank bag, instantly accessible, can take photographs without removing my helmet.........

very happy with it.....

sample photo:

Attachments

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

and another....

Attachments

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I bought my camera early last year for my trip out west. "Kodad Easyshare C743"

Simple enough to use, I'm not for all the fancy feature stuff. All I want to be able to do is point and shoot, and this one does that for me. It takes video as well a still pics.

I can mount it on the handle bar useing "RAM Mount" and I get a lot of my shots on the move.

Here are my samples in Youtube,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This one had music with it, but was muted by Youtube because of copy write issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r12A7OGLig

This one is in the video mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eman0JyMpuU

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Sure do want to thank you for contributing to my next camera purchase. I settled on a Canon SD780IS from Delta Camera .Com. The price is $174.99 plus the $16.17 shipping of 2nd Day Air.

The camera stats look good as it will be used off the bike as well as on. The decision to go with Delta is purely price. They are known for Bait and Switching and other INTERESTING ISSUES, so I will not be shocked when the order is cancelled. I do have other choices on this but of course at higher prices. Just thought I'd try.

Keep you informed.

Hope you are all enjoying the summer.

Longboater

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
imported post

That's a good camera choice.

I carry my SLR (Nikon D300) on the bike. I'm a bit of a photo nut though.

I think one of my Harleys was resposible for the early failure of my Nikon F100. It also powderized my bottle of Rolaids in a few months.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Longboater wrote:
Sure do want to thank you for contributing to my next camera purchase. I settled on a Canon SD780IS from Delta Camera .Com. The price is $174.99 plus the $16.17 shipping of 2nd Day Air.

The camera stats look good as it will be used off the bike as well as on. The decision to go with Delta is purely price. They are known for Bait and Switching and other INTERESTING ISSUES, so I will not be shocked when the order is cancelled. I do have other choices on this but of course at higher prices. Just thought I'd try.

Keep you informed.

Hope you are all enjoying the summer.

Longboater
Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said about Delta. The bait and switch is so crude it's actually comical.

That being said, the order was cancelled and I picked up the same Canon on EBay this morning.

Again, can't thank you enough for your help.

Longboater

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.