Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Something people who plan to camp should know! ....

A 'regular' campsite at Manchester State park will run youa minimum of $21 per night, with only 1 vehicle allowed per site. They will charge you an extra $10 for an extra motorcycle, raising the cost to at least $31 per night, per campsite, for 2 motorcyclists, on 2 bikes!

Manchester Stae Park is a fairly small Park, with only 35 tent sites($21) and15 'utility' sites($27-$28) and one of those is taken by the 'Camp Host'

As Dick mentioned earlier, Manchester State Park has a 'Group Campsite' that charges around $150 per night. We need to have a minimum number of 20 campers.

If we get 20 campers
, then that charge works out to a very reasonable $7.50 per night, per person. The more we have camping at the group campsite, the cheaper the price will be. .... BUT ... the Group campsite must be reserved!

There are also a few 'perks' with the Group Campsite;

Group Accommodations:
One group camp is available which will accommodate 20 to 130 people. It includes a large fire circle, 12 RV hookups, plus a covered shelter with eight picnic tables and electricity. Several unsheltered picnic tables and braziers are also in the camp. There are two unisex restrooms/showers (ADA accessible). Fees vary with size of the group.

I think it is imperative that we start a list of who plans on camping at the park, so the group campsite can be reserved.(which just became available for reservationfor our dates, today)

If we can get the needed number of people, I will be willingtomake the reservation and use my CC, to do so

Maybe a Mod, or Wexy can move this to a sticky and add to it when people have indicated where they are camping.

I'll start;

Dusty Boots, Beemer Brad, Carl Johnson = 3

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

dusty--
i know its a little earley , for me any way , but you can put us down for the camping , two people , one bike an trailer. that seems like the best deal on camping . see yeah

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Sounds good, Wayne .... BUT ... you gotta follow the Dr's advice! Lay low for a while ... especially through the winter months. I want to see you guys out there as well, but you'll have to keep healthy to make her.

Keep well!

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

$7.50 verses $21.00,,,,,,,,,,,,, that is 1/3 of the normal cost. Looks like a no brainer to me.

I'll be right behind ya Dusty ;).

Come on folks,,,,,,,, it's gonna be a blast:jumper:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

QDaddy wrote:
QDaddy and The Hag are in. One 1500 in the prettiest color (teal green) and a Time-Out Trailer. :clapper:
Way to go,, Joe :clapper:

Wait till you see the cliffs we can hang each other off from out there ;)

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Dusty,

Does the group site your talking about have electricity... even it it's just a plug?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
There are also a few 'perks' with the Group Campsite;

Group Accommodations:
One group camp is available which will accommodate 20 to 130 people. It includes a large fire circle, 12 RV hookups, plus a covered shelter with eight picnic tables and electricity. Several unsheltered picnic tables and braziers are also in the camp. There are two unisex restrooms/showers (ADA accessible). Fees vary with size of the group.
Apparently so.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Dusty! Even though we're kinda close to home, or because of it, mark Red and CJ down as campers! (We wanna be close enough to observe the antics of you, of Winger, and of Wayne of "Jajah......!"

(Wayne: don't worry, ol' son, I ain't agonna grab your ball no more! Lol......)

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Good show, CJ :clapper:

So far, the count stands at
... 9

Who else is in for some good times/camaraderie at NASSIR 4, atan excellent price?

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I'll be sure to have my tarp and poles with me now :shock:,,,,,,, since the rain magnets will be at the camp:D:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::tongue:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Dusty! Even though we're kinda close to home, or because of it, mark Red and CJ down as campers! (We wanna be close enough to observe the antics of you, of Winger, and of Wayne of "Jajah......!"

(Wayne: don't worry, ol' son, I ain't agonna grab your ball no more! Lol......)
:readit:moly 60 is great stuff. anit it ? kinda stays where you dont want it to. (on your fingers)

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
I'll be sure to have my tarp and poles with me now :shock:,,,,,,, since the rain magnets will be at the camp:D :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::tongue:

UUMMMMMM......EXCUSE ME??????? We didn't have any rain on our trip until you came along to Cooperstown!! :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

:cheesygrin::cheesygrin:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Red Goudger wrote:
Winger77 wrote:
I'll be sure to have my tarp and poles with me now :shock:,,,,,,, since the rain magnets will be at the camp:D:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::tongue:

UUMMMMMM......EXCUSE ME??????? We didn't have any rain on our trip until you came along to Cooperstown!! :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

:cheesygrin::cheesygrin:

If we took a look at all the stories of all your trips, I think we would find a HIGH percentage of them have been in rain.

Then look at all my trips and you will find a very LOW percentage of rain.

So here is the math,, and math, is science.

Thus,,,,,,,, Scientific PROOF,,,,,,,,,, you guys are magnets, :coollep:

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue: :cheesygrin:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Rain magnets, well, maybe....but as Wexy can tell you (but probably won't because he doesn't do anything I say!), "If you don't ride in the rain, you ain't a rider!"

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Also, my Eureka Tent brother, I'd rather attract rain and clouds than some of the cougars that seem attracted to you!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

(Just a few of Winger's faithful following.....)

Attachments

·
Just one of the guys
4,781 Posts
imported post

Dave, you really have to send CJ a better picture of the Cougars than that. I have seen the one he needs to see. Or has he already seen it and is in denial?

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

Well Dave I can't wait to do some "cliff hanging" out there. And as for all this talk of rain!!! You guys need to quit it before you jinx us all! I ain't out to impress anybody. I just want a warm dry sunny trip. :)

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

QDaddy wrote:
Well Dave I can't wait to do some "cliff hanging" out there. And as for all this talk of rain!!! You guys need to quit it before you jinx us all! I ain't out to impress anybody. I just want a warm dry sunny trip. :)

IFyou hit any rainon the way out, it will be 'short lived', as you will be riding 'against' the prevailing winds/weather pattern.
Course .... it's not unusual to hit rain either/both sides of a mountain pass. It's the 'nature of the beast', when travelling in the mountainous west. :?

It's on the way home that you don't want to get caught up in a east bound system.

I have experienced that twice and travelled in the middle of one thunder cell from BC and didn't get rid of it until Kansas and the other thunder cell was with me all the way from BC, to Ontario:whip:

The wise thing to do, is to 'sit tight' for a day and ride in clear weather. ;)

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

DougW wrote:
Dave, you really have to send CJ a better picture of the Cougars than that. I have seen the one he needs to see. Or has he already seen it and is in denial?
What are you talking about Doug ????? :?Those are just "my kind" of ladies.They'er overflowing with devilish life.

And CJ,,,,,,,,, I'll take on the rain just fine ole man. I might accuse you of being a rain magnet,,,,,,but aint denying that was fun ;).

QDaddy,,,,,,,,, don't even sweat the thought of rain. Because once you get into that big open western country,you'll have such a grin on your face, that no rain can wash off. :action:

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.