Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 165 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
QDaddy wrote:
Well Dave I can't wait to do some "cliff hanging" out there. And as for all this talk of rain!!! You guys need to quit it before you jinx us all! I ain't out to impress anybody. I just want a warm dry sunny trip. :)

IF you hit any rain on the way out, it will be 'short lived', as you will be riding 'against' the prevailing winds/weather pattern.
Course  .... it's not unusual to hit rain either/both sides of a mountain pass. It's the 'nature of the beast', when travelling in the mountainous west.  :?

It's on the way home that you don't want to get caught up in a east bound system.

I have experienced that twice and travelled in the middle of one thunder cell from BC and didn't get rid of it until Kansas and the other thunder cell was with me all the way from BC, to Ontario:whip: 

The wise thing to do, is to 'sit tight' for a day and ride in clear weather.  ;)
Red and I "sat tight" for two nights and a day while the rain drummed down in New Brunswick, in a good motel, and then rode around the Gaspe' Peninsula of Quebec in two days of sparkling sunshine, surrounded by smiling people, on one of the best rides we've ever done....always listen to Dusty Boots, the undisputed master of all things touring.... I'm proud to know him, proud to count him among my friends, and even prouder to have flooded his basement out!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Good show, CJ :clapper:

So far, the count stands at
... 9

Who else is in for some good times/camaraderie at NASSIR 4, atan excellent price?

Dusty, Put me down for the campsite. I'm not sure what will transpire for a while yet but if I don't use it because of a plan change I will donate it to someone. Let me know if you want the $$s paypal sent or whatever. I'm still in the deep thought mode on N-4.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
imported post

No worries, yet Len .... great to have you aboard!Will that be 1, or 2? .....Think Hard! lol

I think the count now stands at.... 11(12?) :readit:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
imported post

You be a Pickin .... and I be a Grinnin! ;)

Make that a solid .. 12

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
DougW wrote:
Dave, you really have to send CJ a better picture of the Cougars than that. I have seen the one he needs to see. Or has he already seen it and is in denial?

And CJ,,,,,,,,, I'll take on the rain just fine ole man. I might accuse you of being a rain magnet,,,,,,but aint denying that was fun ;).

Dave: It was a great trip! We are definitely glad you came along! :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

;)

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Something people who plan to camp should know! ....

As Dick mentioned earlier, Manchester State Park has a 'Group Campsite' that charges around $150 per night. We need to have a minimum number of 20 campers.

If we get 20 campers
, then that charge works out to a very reasonable $7.50 per night, per person. The more we have camping at the group campsite, the cheaper the price will be. .... BUT ... the Group campsite must be reserved!

There are also a few 'perks' with the Group Campsite;

Group Accommodations:
One group camp is available which will accommodate 20 to 130 people. It includes a large fire circle, 12 RV hookups, plus a covered shelter with eight picnic tables and electricity. Several unsheltered picnic tables and braziers are also in the camp. There are two unisex restrooms/showers (ADA accessible). Fees vary with size of the group.

I think it is imperative that we start a list of who plans on camping at the park, so the group campsite can be reserved.(which just became available for reservationfor our dates, today)

If we can get the needed number of people, I will be willingtomake the reservation and use my CC, to do so

Maybe a Mod, or Wexy can move this to a sticky and add to it when people have indicated where they are camping.

I'll start;

Dusty Boots, Beemer Brad, Carl Johnson = 3
OK, count me in as 1 for the full time, I guess about 3-5 days? :?
If this is where most people and the nightly party will be I am game.:cheesygrin:
Really I have no idea if I will make it there or why, but for $7.50 or less a night I'll chip in my part anyway for the group site. :readit:

I expect to be a a party of one, I am often my own party :dance:

Never know though, I may find a bikini clad hitch hiker on the way :shock:
Then I'll be a party of two, or a no show with my own party elsewhere ;)

Really though, I plan to be there!!! :waving:

Chromo

P.S.
Don't tell anyone :ssshh:

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

Thanks for getting the ball rolling Dusty! The group site is a great idea. Hopefully we can hold some meet and great events at the group site.

Count me in with my Kwik Kamp. (I would like to be close enough to power to plug in)

Do we need to pay in advance?

Chad

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
imported post

You can count me in for sure...the wife isan almost certain.

How many nights are you reserving?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
imported post

Okay .... I think we'll get our minimum of 20, Sooo ..... I'll book it(if it's still open) for the 3 nights of July 12, 13 and 14th

You can pay me at the campground, once we get a total figure on how many people are camping there and the park's final cost.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Add in 4ever. It's so close, I'll actually tow my bike and bring my truck camper, along with wood for fires, big coffee pot and a couple of tables and a bunch of chairs.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Okay .... I think we'll get our minimum of 20, Sooo ..... I'll book it(if it's still open) for the 3 nights of July 12, 13 and 14th

Dusty
Drats ..... it's already been booked! :watching: :sadguy:

I just looked online and it showed it was 'booked'. Not trusting websites, I phoned the reservation office and it is indeed booked, only July 17 an 18 were available, which of course is of no use to us.

Guess we'll all have to fend for ourselves, now. :?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Can you see if we can get an exemption for multiple motorcycles at one campsite?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
imported post

We can probably get away with 2 bikes at each site and then be charged $10 per bike above that.

Looks like they allow 3 tents per site. but I'll confirm this all tomorrow, when I phone/talk to the park staff.

Certainly has thrown a spanner into the gears :waiting:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Dang it!!!!!!!! Thats a bummer. So it sounds like we better get a reservasion right away,,,,,,,, eh?

I know you will,,,,,,,,, but keep us posted Ken.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
We can probably get away with 2 bikes at each site and then be charged $10 per bike above that.

Looks like they allow 3 tents per site. but I'll confirm this all tomorrow, when I phone/talk to the park staff.

Certainly has thrown a spanner into the gears :waiting:
Perhaps they can be talked into 3 tents and 3 bikes per campsite.

Thanks for the work on this.

Marty

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

I think CJ should offer up his back lot behind his house. Could you see 2 or 3 Hundred tents in the back yard. Just set up that 10 gallon coffee pot you have in the shed CJ:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

We should do like the Rainbows do and just grab a nice meadow in a national forest and have a huge gathering.

That first year when I moved to MO. the Rainbows did their 4th July gathering not far away. I guess they do a National gather each year from what I heard.

21 - 40 of 165 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.