Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

86wing wrote:
My wife, Renee and I are heading out at the end of this month to the Great Smokey Mnts. This will be our first long trip on our Wing. I found a Napper II pop-up to pull behind which we will use while down in TN. We will post pictures when we get back. Thanks for all the great info on this thread.
Now don't tear up the roads before I get there,,,,,, leave some for me :action:. I'll be there after NASSER (July 14-17 or 18)
Hope you have a great first time :waving:

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

I'm pretty bare bones when I go camping solo, I just take a sleeping bag, a sheet of tarp, a small cast iron skillit, knife and eating utensils and salt and pepper.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Here is what I Loaded in My Trailer for my 60 day America tour this past summer..Rain Gear..inside bags, Toilet articles Inside bags as well as extra coat and windbreaker. also had my compass and sweatshirt in there. Inside trailer I had Med sized cooler..Craftsman tool box with starter rebuild kit tire repair kit Coils and some electrical doodads. Two man tent with a tarp full sized air mattress with a hand pump and a Battery powered one Sleeping bag dyzbone slicker..two folding chairs one folding table. Small cooler with My stove, lights and other stuff in there like mosquito repellant etc. kept dry food in trailer and other stuff. Since my Military M1951 squad stove runs on regular Gas I had a syringe I bought you use to baste turkeys..open tank and fill the stove up via gas tank. I had everything I needed to camp very comfortably.Put Bearing Buddies on the Trailer and that sure helped. The spare underneath the trailer was used once and I went through two tires on the trip but they are wally world tires so technically if your spare is used you can stop in and get a new one for around 40 bucks. I had my cooking gear also with plastic plates but I just used those to firm up my paper plates but I did use silver wear. Also had a perk styled Wally World Pot that worked real well. Medical stuff and poncho liners are neat to have also. dried my towel off each day by draping it over all the stuff and by evening it was dry again. Had a case of water in there and some in cooler everytime I drank one added one to cooler. Trailer is the way to go on long trips no doubt.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
Trailers are certainly getting more and more popular now. I am seeing more and more often the single tire balanced trailers too. Still gonna stay with just my MC for now, I am getting things more and more compact every year but still having lots of fun. I sure am glad backpackers expect so much from their gear, because I have really seen the benefits.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts