Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Camping Gear

Hey Winger 77, I do a lot of camping and as you may know, whenever your on a bike and camping it's going to rain,:lash::lash: It can be really miserable sitting in a little tent,:sadguy: but what I've found out over the years is I take a 12 x 15 tarp with a hole in the middle of it for a adjustable aluminum pole and 4 more poles for each corner. don't forget the ropes and pegs to keep the poles upright. This makes it really nice to be able to sit underneath the tarp while it's pouring down rain. :) I also put my firepit at the edge of the tarp.
Hope this helps out. Good Luck Camping and stay Dry.:waving::waving:

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm probably an odd duck here. First of all I ride two up with my wife and tow my HF trailer. Last year we did the Yellowstone trip. We are also 60+ years old. I bought a 6 person tent so we would have storage room. We use a queen size inflatable bed as our mattress. We have a double synthetic sleeping bag as we still appreciate each other's company. LOL! Stuff sacks are our friend. They cinch down well and greatly reduce required storage space. We will be doing a round trip from west to east coast this summer.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts