Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
imported post

Hey Bert, when your pulling that trailer how is the mpg? BTW, I noticed that you first post was on Aug. 19, 2005, sooooo:W E L C O M E Bert, to the best and only goldwing forum on the www.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hi Wexman,

For sure it seems expensive, but I havea questions for you:

1. have you visited the site of the http://www.hecotrailer.com/content/produit.html

Hasperhaps you have notice, the trailer is all made of aluminum and well constructed. Many hours of work in this little beauty as it is call: the rolling marvel

I have another question:

Birthday:
1904-03-18

Is there a mistake in your birthdate or is it your real age ( almost 103 years old.... )?

If it is a joke, it is a real good one (Irish one isn't it). If not, tell me your secret.

Thanks for your reply.

Bert & Nicole

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hi teacher,

Sorry for the gas mileage, can not answer the question, I do not have the trailer yet. You know, here in Montréal area, the temperature is aroud -10° F with a couple of feet of snow. Québec city is worst, up to 5-6 feet of snow. The bike is been stored since beginning of november 2005. Planning to take it out of the shedbeginning ofapril.

I know a guy in Québec city which has one, perhaps he could give you an idea what the gas mileage and handling looks like. Here is e-mail adress:

[email protected] If I remember well he had told me back in 2004 the gas mileage had drop by 12 to 15%.

I'm not sure if he does speak english, if not let me know and I will contact him to send me the info and I will send them back to you.

Good luck in your research

Bert & Nicole

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi Bert, you said something about the trailer will have a model sent to France this summer. I am surprised that such a big trailer is allowed over in Europe. In England that would exceed the allowed size, to tow behind a motorcycle I think?

Nice machine for touring in comfort though, even if it is so expensive.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

bert wrote:
Hi Wexman,

For sure it seems expensive, but I havea questions for you:

1. have you visited the site of the http://www.hecotrailer.com/content/produit.html

Hasperhaps you have notice, the trailer is all made of aluminum and well constructed. Many hours of work in this little beauty as it is call: the rolling marvel

I have another question:

Birthday:
1904-03-18

Is there a mistake in your birthdate or is it your real age ( almost 103 years old.... )?

If it is a joke, it is a real good one (Irish one isn't it). If not, tell me your secret.

Thanks for your reply.

Bert & Nicole
Hi Bert ,,I had a good read on the site ,,But I still think it is overpriced ,But then it would be nice to see it in front of me ,so I could give an honest opinion on it ,,I hope it will be in France in time for the French treffen (wing ding) in may I will be there and will have a look and let you know ,,

As for my age I was lying ,,I am actually 124 years old ,,My secret is Drink ,smoke ,Back horses,chase women ,and party party party ,,:weightlifter::weightlifter:

:leprechaun:Oh the fairy tales of Ireland still survive :leprechaun::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:cheers Ciaran

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Don't pay any attention to Wexman, he's lying about his age, he won't be 124 for eleven more days.:whip:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Don't pay any attention to Wexman, he's lying about his age, he won't be 124 for eleven more days.:whip:
but isn't that metric years... let me see, for standard years you do some sort of conversion like multiply by .6

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Now now gentlemen ,:whip:,,(did I just call you lot gentlemen?) I need to take more tablets...

I am still younger than REDWING ,,:cheeky1::cheeky1:Ciaran

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Now getting back to the trailer tent ,,,Been checking out the width issue for Europe and it is too wide ,,So not possible to pull behind a bike in France or most other european countries ,,It must be the same as or narrower than the overall width of the motorcycle pulling it ...Ciaran

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Now now gentlemen ,:whip:,,(did I just call you lot gentlemen?) I need to take more tablets...

I am still younger than REDWING ,,:cheeky1::cheeky1:Ciaran

Didn't you say "god" was younger than REDWING too:goofygrin:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Now getting back to the trailer tent ,,,Been checking out the width issue for Europe and it is too wide ,,So not possible to pull behind a bike in France or most other european countries ,,It must be the same as or narrower than the overall width of the motorcycle pulling it ...Ciaran
Does the width of the motorcycle include such things as Baker Wings?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
exavid wrote:
but isn't that metric years... let me see, for standard years you do some sort of conversion like multiply by .6
Don't forget those fellows on the other side of the water have metric years!:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
wexman wrote:
Does the width of the motorcycle include such things as Baker Wings?
I think the measurement is from mirror tip to mirror tip ,which would be wider than the wind wings ,,and most likely the widest part of the bike and I think on a 1500 it is around 40 inchs if my memory serves me correctly ...Ciaran

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

[align=center]Your answers are in the order below[/align]

1. Silverfox Posted: Mon Mar 6th, 2006 05:37 am

I am surprised that such a big trailer is allowed over in Europe. In England that would exceed the allowed size, to tow behind a motorcycle I think?

2. wexman Posted: Thu Mar 9th, 2006 02:12 pm

Been checking out the width issue for Europe and it is too wide ,,So not possible to pull behind a bike in France or most other european countries ,,It must be the same as or narrower than the overall width of the motorcycle pulling it ...Ciaran

3. wexman Posted: Fri Mar 10th, 2006 08:36 am

I think the measurement is from mirror tip to mirror tip ,which would be wider than the wind wings ,,and most likely the widest part of the bike and I think on a 1500 it is around 40 inchs if my memory serves me correctly ...Ciaran

Keep going like this, and we will reach the require dimensions pretty soon . Just within a week it went from:

a. In England, that would exceed the allowed size, to tow behind a motorcycle I think?

b. in France, or most other european countries ,,It must be the same as or narrower than the overall width of the motorcycle pulling it ...Ciaran

c. in Ireland, measurement is from mirror tip to mirror tip ,which would be wider than the wind wings ,,and most likely the widest part of the bike and I think on a 1500 it is around 40 inchs if my memory serves me correctly ...Ciaran

Lets talk about measurements;

trailer width: 52”13/16 inches (52.8125 inches)

latest measurements from you guys: 40 inches (mirror tip to mirror tip)

So, let’s calculate

52.8125 inches 40 inches = 12.8125 inches ( 12” 13/16 ) ¸ 2 = 6.40625 inches ( 6” 6.5/16 )

We are only 6.40625 inches to wide on each side.

Keep going and we will reach the correct dimensions in a few months……………..

Sorry, if I tookso much space, but I thing it was necessary, so we could have a little:cheeky1:about it.

With regards

Bert

:12beige:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I think if we put an extra few coats of paint on the mirrors and leave a coat of paint off the trailer we will be getting closer:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:eek:r how about if we change the mirrors altogether to truck mirrors that should do the job ,,Now who sells cheap truck mirrors that will fit a wing ??????:dude::dude::dude:Ciaran

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.