1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Cycle-Moore

http://www.cycle-moore.com/

LAST FULL WEEKEND OF SEPTEMBER .... EVERY YEAR .... SHOP BIRTHDAY PARTY .... THIS YEAR THE DATE IS SEPTEMBER 28 .... 29 .... 30 .... WILL BE STARTING OUR 39TH YEAR ....FREE WEEKEND .... INCLUDES CAMPING, ICE CREAM ALL YOU CAN EAT .... PLUS COFFEE .... POPCORN ....TOYS FOR TOTS AT NOON SATURDAY .... POTLUCK SATURDAY NIGHT .... LIVE MUSIC SATURDAY NITE 8 TIL MIDNIGHT .... AND SERVICES SUNDAY DOOR PRIZES

I am going to be up there this weekend. Heading out Wed. 26 sometime. Not sure when I will arrive, maybe Wed. night maybe later. Depends if I ride 800 miles straight through or do other things on way and stop.

The weekend is free camping.
$7 per night camping with or without electric other times.

Anyone else going?

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,708 Posts
imported post

I think Dusty is on his way up there now from Tennessee. He indicated he would be leaving there on 01 Oct and heading home through the Soo Michigan.

You will be in good hands Chromo...Enjoy..:applause:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Ya .... I'm heading there, now.

I'm currently in Dry Ridge, KY and should roll into Cycle Moore's on Wednesday

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

OK Dusty, I'll see you there sometime WED. or Thurs. depends how I can ride, straight through or have to stop.

Hmm, electric heater? I had not thought of that Shamus but maybe I should take one along LOL

Not sure if I will drag along the trailer or not, maybe as a flat bed, gives me a place to put the electric heater and cast iron skillets.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
imported post

Chromo wrote:
OK Dusty, I'll see you there sometime WED. or Thurs. depends how I can ride, straight through or have to stop.

Hmm, electric heater? I had not thought of that Shamus but maybe I should take one along LOL

Not sure if I will drag along the trailer or not, maybe as a flat bed, gives me a place to put the electric heater and cast iron skillets.
Unless you've got a really good bag, (unlike myself), You'll freeze yer butt off in the low thirties... ;-))

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,708 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
Wingmaster Shamus wrote:
Unless you've got a really good bag, (unlike myself), You'll freeze yer butt off in the low thirties... ;-))
http://www.cabelas.ca/index.cfm?pageID=71&section=1185&section2=1259&ID=9503

This is what we use up here in the Great White North...only a meager $ 750.00 LOL
$750? I'll just be a Popsicle then LOL
Build myself a wood heater for my tent LOL

Now ya'll got me scared I'll freeze to death!

I've got a pretty good sleeping bag (I hope) and some extra blankets I carry.
If I have to I guess I could sleep in my heated suit and just not have it heated. It's pretty warm on it's own.

I thought when I looked at the forcast they were calling for mid 50's anyway, I better look again maybe. Besides they are seldom right about much anyway.

Looked again, 40F to mid 40's they say now.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Wingmaster Shamus wrote:
He's just a wimp about cooler temps and wishes he were going. :notrolls:

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6e1d7"Forecast lows are mid 30s to lower 40s and the daysare forecast to be sunny right through the weekend with highs in the mid 60s :cooler: :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Buy a cheap $14.99 electric heater at Walmart and take a good extension cord with you.

I like sleeping when it's cold, but when it starts getting to the lower 40's I start looking at alternatives.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

I'm looking at the wrong forecast or site or something?
We seem to be off by about 10F somehow?

I just found and electric blanket here, I may take that also.
Might have to borrow or buy an extension cord when I get there if needed. I'll know after the first night I guess!

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Buy a cheap $14.99 electric heater at Walmart and take a good extension cord with you.

I like sleeping when it's cold, but when it starts getting to the lower 40's I start looking at alternatives.
GeeJohn .... night time temps in the 40s isn't cold! Although with a regular uninsulatedair bed/pad, you butt (and the rest of your body)will sure feel it getting cool.

Now, ... if you had a good insulated pad that I showed you this weekend, you'd know what I mean. That's where paying a bit more for quality gear really pays dividends in comfort! I never got inside my bag all weekend ... just threw it over me while I laid on that insulated pad. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
imported post

Chromo wrote:
I'm looking at the wrong forecast or site or something?
We seem to be off by about 10F somehow?

I just found and electric blanket here, I may take that also.
Might have to borrow or buy an extension cord when I get there if needed. I'll know after the first night I guess!
The WE and TH night forecast is for mid thirties, then a slight warm up for the weekend...:shock2:

That will work out good I would say! Just grab a 25 foot 18 ga. extention cord, and you'll be snug as a bug in a rug... :smiler:

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Wingmaster Shamus wrote:
He's just a wimp about cooler temps and wishes he were going. :notrolls:
You're correct on both points oh wise snob of the Northwoods... ;-))

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
jobe05 wrote:

GeeJohn .... night time temps in the 40s isn't cold! Although with a regular uninsulatedair bed/pad, you butt (and the rest of your body)will sure feel it getting cool.

Now, ... if you had a good insulated pad that I showed you this weekend, you'd know what I mean. That's where paying a bit more for quality gear really pays dividends in comfort! I never got inside my bag all weekend ... just threw it over me while I laid on that insulated pad. ;)
I was fine in those temps. Toward the morning hours of the last night there, it was getting into my coldest temp threshold, but I was fine. I did the same, Laid on the Mattress and covered with my sleeping bag.

I had 4 sleeping bags with me, 2 of them I generally use, put one down on the mattress and cover with the other, as I don't like being wrapped up in a bag. However Timmy took one of my bags and I just didn't say anything to him......... Should have!!

Any colder than the mid to higher 40ish temps we experienced and I just don't camp without some sort of heater........ Just no fun!

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

Hey, what you guys do?
PM each other and say lets gang up on Chromo with talk of cold?

Says 55F for a low

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USMI0424

Har Har
Actually it says lowest is Wed night at 40F.

Am I looking at the wrong area or should I look at a different weather site? Which one?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

We're not ganging up, just looking out for you.......

I think Wingmasturbater said that the lows were going to be wed and thurs was going to be the coldest then warming...... A relative term for this time of year........

However bear in mind that mid 40's while laying on the ground is cold...... very, bone chilling cold! Buy a cheap heater!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.