Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Happy New Year ! I would lke to extend wishes for good health and prosperity in 2012.

In anticipation of the 2012 summer season I looking to find a trailer to pull with the Wing.

I am hoping to find a tent trailer that will sleep at least two in compfort and provide some room to haul personal gear for the same. I also hope I can find a great deal on one that may be older but well kept as not to interfere with the travelling funds. While I would like to find one in Canada I am also ok with looking in thew northern US not too far from my home in the Okanagan in British Columbia.

I like the idea of camping although I must confess there always seems to be adequate accomidations in the US at more than reasonable rates anytime I have taken a trip.

I am planning a trip to Ontario "Cottage Country" this summer and would like to camp my way across.

Anyhow if anyone out there has one or knows of one please drop me a line.

Kind regards and best wishes for 2012

Greener

·
751 Posts
imported post

Awhile ago Sethan was maybe Looking to sell his Little guy As I have the 2010 model & I wouldn`t think of selling Mine But anyway He was Looking to get Like a timeout camper Trailer ! He said he would sell it for Like $ 4,000-4,500 as this is really a good price cause the new ones are going for a-lot more depending what options you get on them go to www.golittleguy.com & Look at the Rascle as this is the one Sethan & Myself have Look at them through the Link I sent you & Then Talk to Sethan ! Well anyway good-luck with what ever you decide Craig !

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

My little Guy is officially gone.

Go to "JDTRAILERS.COM"

Can get a tent trailer with a lot of storage for under $3,000.00

I bought a "Roaddog" trailer to tent camp with.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Redeye1620 wrote:
I've been looking at this trailer & may pull the trigger later this year. I'm not associated with the company & don't know anything other than what is posted in their ad....-Rich

http://tinyurl.com/7mtkw28
That's a long time for all your cargo to be sitting outside in the rain while you set it up/take it down!

Just sayin ....

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Empty weight is 465 lbs on both of those trailers. Add some gear and you are sporting over 550 lbs and your bike weights 770. Put a pair of riders on the bike and that is quite a bit for the brakes and suspension to handle in a hurried stop.

This setup was a total of 400 lbs and when practicing panic stops, I felt the bike was unsafe.

If one pulls this type of load, one has to leave quite a bit of room and it still is a tough call when someone does something unexpected in front.

I see quite a few of the tent trailers on the road behind Goldwings. It is just something to consider.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Just head 200 km south and pick up a very nice camper to pull with the 1500. Had my 2004 to the West Coast twice with no issues.

Leesurelite

We trashed the foam cushion and use two extra thick thermal rests that can be rolled up and then pack all our gear in 6 - 12 in. high boxes. Have the screen room, front box and the under carriage storage and we can take everything with us. 1500 pulls it fine.

Those trailers do come up used from time to time but you have to be quick. I got mine for $1200 (2004 model) in Missouri. No regrets, and the kids already say I'm not allowed to sell it for any reason other than replacing with a newer model.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Redeye1620 wrote:
I've been looking at this trailer & may pull the trigger later this year. I'm not associated with the company & don't know anything other than what is posted in their ad....-Rich

http://tinyurl.com/7mtkw28
That's a long time for all your cargo to be sitting outside in the rain while you set it up/take it down!

Just sayin ....

Dusty, I live in California & don't do rain. When the wet starts to fall I run for a Motel with adry, warm & soft bed....-Rich

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

You never plan on riding out of Southern California? :wtf:

Let me assure you, it does rain when out touring, .... outside of southern CA .... and there's a whole lot of amazing and purty sights to be seen elsewhere, believe me. :blowingup: :cooler:

Otherwise, I'd just save your money and tent camp ... grab a motel room when it does rain. Probably be money ahead and not dragging around a big 'ole popup. :? ..... besides ...... rain ain't ever melted anyone ceptin for the Wicked Witch o the West! :grinner: :cheesygrin:

Just thought I'd point out that 'weakness' on that particular model is all. Life is full of .... compromises. :baffling:

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

I accept your pointing out points, Dusty. My issue is I have Momma with me. Momma wants a bed off the ground, AC, & some privacy when she does what she does to make herself so beautiful. After 42 years of marriage, she has me trained well....-Rich

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Yup ... Irealized that, but ...there are other brands of trailers not a whole lot more in cost, where you don't have to remove all your gearfrom the storage compartmentto set up the pop up portion of the trailer. That's the reason for me pointing that element out to you. I think Momma would not be pleased if her nightie got soaked along with everything else pulled out of the trailer,while you were busy setting up the trailer in a rain.

Check out the Aspen, or the LuxuryLite for example

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Redeye as Dusty priviously pointed out there are several models out there to look at. I have found that Bunkhouse has a really nice trailer that looks like it will fit your need while keeping everything stored away nice and dry while your setting up.

I plan to buy a bunkhouse this spring for touring. My wife doesn't want to sleep on the ground either so we have to keep them happy.

Here is the link to check them out if your interested. Good luck with your hunt for the perfect trailer to fit your needs.

http://www.bf-specialties.com

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
imported post

I have an older Bunkhouse camper for sale. A '93 I believe. It has been around the block a time or two and some repairs have been made but it still does the trick. It has what they call a California king bed in it. Has the add a room also. Lots of storage and pulls like a dream behind my '98 Vulcan 1500 Classic. Asking $1800 for it. Let me know and maybe we can meet somewhere north if you're interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.