Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found them on my Facebook market place. I wanted to try and figure out which brand they are before driving the distance to pick them up. The shape and size look like Shoei bags, but I could be wrong. The only other information I got from the seller is that they came off of his 75 Gl1000. I will try to ask him what the yellow sticks says.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
They remind me of my Shoei bags I had on my New 1974 Honda 750, ordered them from the dealer and put them om myself. They didn't have that big aluminum (or steel) plate to mount (looks like custom made bracket) and didn't have any steel surrounds but they really looked like those.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They remind me of my Shoei bags I had on my New 1974 Honda 750, ordered them from the dealer and put them om myself. They didn't have that big aluminum (or steel) plate to mount (looks like custom made bracket) and didn't have any steel surrounds but they really looked like those.
Thank you. That's reassuring. They do look a lot like the new OEM bags being sold on ebay.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
I thinking possible vintage Bates saddle bags

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I found them on my Facebook market place. I wanted to try and figure out which brand they are before driving the distance to pick them up. The shape and size look like Shoei bags, but I could be wrong. The only other information I got from the seller is that they came off of his 75 Gl1000. I will try to ask him what the yellow sticks says.
I agree with Ghost Rider2, vintage Bates saddlebags. I have a set on my 78 GL1000, minus the large chrome plates.

·
Honda Guru
2,012 Posts
I’m not too sure about them being Bates bags. I had the large bag on my CB750K2 till I sold it and my ex-wife had the ‘baby bags’ on her CB550K till we divorced. Neither resemble the bags pictured

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe they are Shoei bags even more now that someone else sent me a picture of their bags. All of the bates bags I've seen online are more narrow with a more uniform shape.

The Shoei bags have sort of a coffin shape to them.

Shoei or not I'm going to try and pick them up today for $30.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts