Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Honda Guru
2,012 Posts
It’s been awhile since this post was asking ‘how can gas get into the crankcase’. I didn’t see any reference to the 88 recall that specifically says that “pinched vent hoses can cause fuel leakage into the crankcase” Having an ‘88 I’m very aware of this wording.

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
he has not returned to our forum since he made that post
I thought I would stop in to see if there was anymore info I could learn on my issue.
Only thing that is new are more unfriendly posts. You must be demoncrats.

·
Administrator
24,817 Posts
I thought I would stop in to see if there was anymore info I could learn on my issue.
Only thing that is new are more unfriendly posts. You must be demoncrats.
It seems your posts are as unfriendly as any other. You got what you were looking for from what I read.

·
Administrator
20,578 Posts
👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️

·
Registered
257 Posts
I re-read the thread. You got great responses up to post #7, then you threw the first insult in post #8 (many GW owners are also HD owners). You added to that with an unsolicited yelling ultimatum in post #10 (no idea where that came from). You received a good-natured jibe in post #12 demarcated with an emoji, and showed yourself the door with a misspelled post #13 (then you came back as most trolls do...)
--
#8 - I suppose I would never feel it if I stomped the shift like them (high-eye-roll) macho HD dudes. I prefer to take GOOD care of what I have.
#10 - I am not interested in debating this, IT IS WHAT IT IS.
#12 - I suggest you stop "overthinking" things...............:grin3:
#13 - It is answers like yours that hinders new members from joining sights like this. I will not ask for help from here. Sorry for intruding.

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
It seems your posts are as unfriendly as any other. You got what you were looking for from what I read.
Do tell me where I asked for terse, tart, unfriendly or azz9 info to my simple and direct question?
It is the type of question that can be asked by any other member here whom gets direct and straightforward answers.

"Odd thought, the title, so I ask you here.
Other than fuel going into the cylinder via carb-intake-open valve while parked, is there another route fuel can get into the crankcase?
Bike is 99% parked on the side-stand.

Reason for asking is, fuel mileage is around 42 and oil only lasts 1500 to 2000 miles. Tho it is still clean it feels like old oil when shifting."

·
Premium Member
5,780 Posts
Do tell me where I asked for terse, tart, unfriendly or azz9 info to my simple and direct question?
It is the type of question that can be asked by any other member here whom gets direct and straightforward answers.

"Odd thought, the title, so I ask you here.
Other than fuel going into the cylinder via carb-intake-open valve while parked, is there another route fuel can get into the crankcase?
Bike is 99% parked on the side-stand.

Reason for asking is, fuel mileage is around 42 and oil only lasts 1500 to 2000 miles. Tho it is still clean it feels like old oil when shifting."
It is all but impossible for gasoline to get in the motor oil with out going past the intake valve, in to the cylinder and work it's way past the ring and in to the crankcase.
If you are getting 42 MPG you are doing better than most any other GL1500 around. That is better than a lot of GL1200s. That is what the guys were trying to point out. There are a lot of questions that get answered on this forum eventually. Many times it is not the issue that the original post asked about so maybe try not to be offended by follow up questions or a little fun banter.
I have been a mechanic for over 45 years and based on the info you supplied I would guess you have no issue. I think it is human nature that if you go looking for a problem you will find one even if it is not there. Many people belueve there cars run better after an oil change.
Good people here. Join in the fun. Not everything has to be serious. :)

·
Administrator
24,817 Posts
How about this?
wing-man.......

I suggest you stop "overthinking" things...............:grin3:

You have a GL1500 (1522 cc) engine. Its a little different than say a 100 hp Flat Head V8 Ford engine.........!!!!
It is answers like yours that hinders new members from joining sights like this.

I will not ask for help from here. Sorry for intruding.

·
Registered
460 Posts
42 is fantastic mileage. There are some that change their oil at 2000. Maybe a slight viscosity change or formulation change would increase that. You can always have your oil analysed to see if there is anything amiss when you reach 2000.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts