Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1982 Goldwing 1100 Interstate
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small can (a pint) of PPG Deltorn Acrylic Urethane paint I used on my truck and now want to paint my 82 Goldwing. The can is full and unopened, but probably 10 years old (well, I just opened it to see what color it was). I aslo have catalyst (DAU2) Hardner (DCX61) and Reducer (DT860). Some of this stuff is probably not made anymore. The bottles of catalyst, hardner & reducer have been opened, but sealed since. If this is all I need, I would be able to repaint the motorcyce for cheap. (I also have some tubes that say "liquid activator" that have nothing in them - I wonder if this is needed??) My question is: Is there a shelf life to these products or will I be safe to use them up? Also, I've lost the instructions on the mixing portions of each. Any one out there that can advise?

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
I havent used that PPG paint in a long time ,if all your parts are still in Liquid form i wouldnt be afraid to use it.do you have a pint 16 oz or a quart 32 oz of color? a pint wouldnt go very far. as for the mixing the instructions could be on the reducer or catalyst can.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Have you tried getting in touch with PPG? I imagine they at least have data sheets on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.