Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

I had the Show Chrome and loved them didn't notice any heat comming in from the vents and they always stayed where I put them. In the winter they really block the cold airand they were pretty easy to install. I will admit that the Bakers look like they areeasier to adjust fine tune the air comming in the plastic becomming brittle tome seems to be a minus on the slate. I think it all comes down to the color if charcol or clear and $69.00 works for you go for it if the color of your bike and$150.00 is what you want go for it....

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

my 2c worth
+1 on Baker Air Wings. Had those on my 96' GW worked great. On my 2000 SE I put 1 pc cheaper set, not so good. The Bakers fit farther away from the tupperware so greater angle= much more air. wish I could afford the Bakers again. Like to trade + $$ on smoke or green Bakers
Mine are 1 month old.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The only company that makes thick panels for all their wings is
windwings. Net. Their stainless steel doesn't rust or Pitt and they will replace for free any panel you break
by hand .they use three panels on the sides to fully control the heat and air.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
I use the Baker Bilt AirWings (PRE new &improved plastic) and have had no problems with discoloration or becoming brittle. Mine are clear. I at one time did something or another to them that severely abraded them. As a last ditch effort to keep it on the cheap rather than replace them I refinished them using a rainex headlight restoration kit bought at the auto parts store. Worked incredibly well !

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
I have an oversize ShowChrome windshield that affords a bit more wind protection...but even before installing it, I never really thought about needing to deflect air away from any part of me, at least down to 25*F. But, I do use grip heaters and an electric chest warmer if it gets cold enough.

I designed some wings though that attach to the top corners of the windshield to allow me to direct air to my face and chest as wanted in warm/hot weather. When I ordered the windshield I got some bum info from Wingstuff regarding being able to reuse my factory vent, which as it turned out, you can't do with this window.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.