Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I'm looking at a 94 Interstate. I really want an Aspy or SE, but this bike is in excellent shape with low miles. I can live with it just having rear air shocks. Is it possible to add cruise or reverse to an Interstate if I could find the parts? Orimpossible?

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
imported post

With my 1993 I don't miss the lack of reverse or the cruise.

The bike a little heavy, but I can still coast it out of the garage ever morning.

As for the cruise, I don't take it long distances, yet, so I can't say it was that important to start.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

I back my 1100 into the garage and have a sloped apron in front, so some times it's all I can do to get it up there, and it weighs 200 lbs. less than a 15. Also I have a throttle lock on my 1100 and don't like having to constantly adjust it for hills and such. Plus on a trip last summer a van cut me off on the hiway and I had to grab the clutch with the lock on. Thank goodness for that 8K redline. I plan on doing plenty of touring so I would like to have my new bike set up for it.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

Best advise has already been given. Wait and shop for an Aspy or SE that is set up the way you want it.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

I think I will take that advise. There's a 94 SE on the for sale that's got everything I want, so I sent a message about it tonight. I was just so astounded at how super clean the Interstate is and it only has 25k miles on it.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

Evil twin wrote:
I'm looking at a 94 Interstate. I really want an Aspy or SE, but this bike is in excellent shape with low miles. I can live with it just having rear air shocks. Is it possible to add cruise or reverse to an Interstate if I could find the parts? Orimpossible?
You already answered your own question.

Than you won't be happy until you get an Aspy or SE......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.