1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
I have bought stuff from this dealer, it was in great shape, better than advertized, but yes he is "high dollar"...

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Not surprising at all. Side covers have been going up in price for years. They aren't making any more of those things you know and they're still being lost. That means the market is working prices go up when the demand exceeds the available products. That's why it's a good idea for installing a safety cable on your side covers (Rudy's safety cables are a great idea) and replace those ancient and heat hardened grommets.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Simple supply and demand really. How often do you see posts about someone looking for a set of bags? How often for side covers? You want to talk about crazy money in terms of what you get, price the lower fairing vent pieces for the LTD/SEi :shock:

·
Registered
384 Posts
If you own that model Wing - and need them because yours were lost or damaged - i would say "buy."

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Keep in mind these prices are the winning bids. If you look at bidding history the side panels started at $10 and saddlebags started at $40. So the individuals needing these items was willing to pay the price to get them. Some of these parts are becoming scarce and you just can't get new parts for a lot of the older Wings anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
I'm considering making a mold with mine, and laying up carbon fiber duplicates. My stumbling block is the attatchment pins. jimsjinx

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,628 Posts

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
...just the left side panel (battery) for my old XS11 was $135.00

Only 1 available for the left on ebay at the time.
Over 30 of the right side.

Market demand...

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I was watching that very sale when it ended.
At 16 seconds left it went from 205 to 216.
Then i looked at other sales and they were selling one for what this guy git for two
I got mine for 150 7 years ago.
Granted, a lot of money, but it 's what the market is demanding, right now, until someone starts making new ones.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
The only one who should be scared at them prices. Is that wing sitting out in you back yard As you give her that look out of the corner of your eye. Thinking how much more she may be worth on the slaughtering block.
Wilf

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
It's a good thing most college students don't know what these kinds of parts are worth, or I'd be afraid to park on campus...

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The only one who should be scared at them prices. Is that wing sitting out in you back yard As you give her that look out of the corner of your eye. Thinking how much more she may be worth on the slaughtering block.
Wilf
Just that!... Is becoming my biggest fear...
When I first built this machine 10 years ago, all it was worth was the blood, sweat and tears that I had put into it, the very thought of someone wanting to steal it was absolutely ludicrous, but that was then, since the rise of the internet, forums like this and ebay things have changed, now, it sits out there with the best the afore-mentioned ebay can throw at it and put together with a skill learned from the good people of this forum and all I can think is.... What it would be worth to a chop shop?

Though I do find some comfort in the death penalty for motorcycle theft that living in Texas affords me!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ive been grabbing what parts i need for mine now while i can before prices go up and parts get scarce

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.