5,381 Posts
imported post

Range 30-40 miles?? Top speed 67 MPH??? Not for my $5,000.00

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,688 Posts
imported post

I think he is a bit optimistic about the selling price.

I wouldn't mind having it, but if it crashed, too much hazmat worries there for me.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

I can see someone buying that and go on an organized ride. Can't leave a man behind right. Every 40 miles stop for food and a recharge. Man that may be OK.

Just kidding:cool::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Reitzclean wrote:
I can see someone buying that and go on an organized ride. Can't leave a man behind right. Every 40 miles stop for food and a recharge. Man that may be OK.

Just kidding:cool::cooldevil:
So long as Dairy Queen doesn't mind you plugging into their electricity for an hour or 4 between legs. :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

I seen that particular bike shown on a website a while back. Over here you can actually buy electric scooters right now. I did a photoshoot of an electric car and scooter last April. They both cost €12,000 and I managed to grab a test ride on the scooter after we did the pictures.
The scooterwas about the same weight(215kgs) as my Burgman 650 scooter and €2,000 more expensive. It was very quiet when on the movebut I felt very vulnerable passing cars as I knew they couldn't hear the scooter. 0-100kph (60mph) was fairly brisk but it just stonewalled at that speed even though I thought thereshouldbemore available. I'd say it could be derestricted to go faster. The big minus point was that it only had a range of about 40 miles before needing a charge and in practise that means even less around town because of all the stops with the headlight on. Build quality seemed shoddy, lots of thin plastic that didn't fit properly and rattled too much. The suspension was absolute rubbish for the weight it had to carry and the underseat storage while better than I expected, was still only enough for a FF lid and pair of gloves.
If this thing was 40% cheaper, went further on a charge and a bit fasterthen I might consider it. But not right now I'm afraid.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I do not think I like electric bikes. Looks to me like they come with some very pretty and expensive accessories. :D Kit

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,688 Posts
imported post

I like the handle bar accessories Steve. Wasn't that enough to get your battery charged? :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

yup yup yup I'll take one if they come with it.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
imported post

Kinda like riding on a Black&Decker dust buster.

With that said, ya gotta admire the guys who try these new and innovative things. Every invention in history has happened because someone had the guts to try the unthinkable---and usually get laughed at in the process. So, my hat is off to the inventors.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

I'm sorry.....Was there a bike in that pic somewhere?? I missed it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.