6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

:)Thats a wooden copy of the original,,,,heres a clue,,,it was made in Europe

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
imported post

Looks french to me. Dang french never could make something simple, had to put as many bells, whistles, cranks, pulleys and other doo dads on it as they could. The more I think about it i'm sure it's french, criminy just look at that bidet thing on the back, clearly no ones hands are on their backs and they're facing towards the steering wheel, sooooo

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Its a 145456ms6.jpg, right click, properties, its right there. What do I win?

:D
Bill

edit: its the original prototype for the landing gear people in Louisiana...

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

It is The Grandfather Clock Engine (1885) from Daimler and Maybach

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

:cool:Good Man,:clapper:it was called the Reitwagen,,, and was built by Gottieb Daimler,,and Wilhelm Maybach,, its reported to be the first petroleum powered motorcycle,,,, ;):waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Seems debatable to me whether it's actually a motorcycle, looks more like a quadracycle. With those fixed outrigger wheels it wasn't intended to operate on two wheels.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

In Texas we have a group known as Texas Motorcyles Roadriders Asscoation...or TMRA....Their monthly pubication to members is named "Damilers Folly"...Would appear thatshortly afterDamiler built that Motorcycle????? it was called Damilers Folly at the time..Damiler never built another motorcycle....And yes the was or rather is the Damiler as in Damiler-Chrysler....

Claude.....

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
Did the original have those wheels, Paul? You were around when the original was built, right?:cheeky1:
Nah, that was a European bike, you'd have to ask REDWING.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
imported post

..redbaron wrote:
In Texas we have a group known as Texas Motorcyles Roadriders Asscoation...or TMRA....Their monthly pubication to members is named "Damilers Folly"...Would appear thatshortly afterDamiler built that Motorcycle????? it was called Damilers Folly at the time..Damiler never built another motorcycle....And yes the was or rather is the Damiler as in Damiler-Chrysler....

Claude.....
Used to be Daimler-Chrysler......now Fiat-Chrysler.....

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

The extra wheels, prove that "Landing Gear" were around long before we thought they were!!!! :shock::cheeky1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.