Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

got the filter off, changed belts , but can't find the oil drain plug!!!
The owners man. shows a plug but it's not visible . Looked all ar4ound the bottom ,only thing I found were crankcase bolts It.s hell gettin old!!

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

If it's like the 1100, and I'm sure it is, the oil and water drain plugs are on the front of the motor near the oil filter. The oil drain plug is the larger of the 2 drain plugs.

On my old KZ1100, it was on the bottom, as was the filter.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,586 Posts
imported post

It's not like the 1100. The oil drain is at the back of the motor, right side. It faces the rear of the bike. It is behind the exhaust pipes so it's a little hard to see.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,586 Posts
imported post

Fixit, please acknowledge that you arestill here. I hope you haven't disassembled the front of your motor yet.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

"Can't find the drain".

I think that's the same thing that Rosie O'Donnell heard from her Ob-Gyn.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

To find the drain, which will be well hidden if the bottom of the engine is all covered with grease and dirt, you will need to put it on the centerstand, lay down on the ground, take a flashlight (I use a 2 AA battery Maglight) and look around, it is on the very bottom of the engine case, on the right side, the bolt id horizontal, and the head is pointing toward the back of the bike. If it's REALLY dirty under there, you may need to take some carb cleaner and spray it off. (watch your eyes) I recommend cleaning the plug and the area around it with carb cleaner and a toothbrush before removing it to avoid getting dirt inside the engine. Same with filler cap and dipstick.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I couldn't find it , the jack was in the way
The front wheel is off so I'll wait till later to change the oil thanks all for the input

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.