Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The starter will not engage & will not go into neutral. When the ignition is turned on the 'R' reverse light comes on but goes out when I hit the starter/reverse button, but the bike won't crank - the starter doesn't engage. The tranny won't go into neutral & the neutral light won't come on. the kill switch is in the correct 'run' position. Tried with kickstand up & kickstand down. I can feel the gears shift, but that's about all. I've engaged & disengaged the reverse several times - nothing. Help!

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
imported post

it will not start or go into gear or be able to use the gear shift while reverse is engaged sounds like your reverse micro switch is stuck

make sure the reversesolenoid/relay is good by swoping it for another less important at this point

andy

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

try holding in the clutch lever while you press the start button

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I would put my money on the reverse system relays and switch adjustments. Check the alignment marks on the reverse actuating assembly.(R. side as sitting on bike.) You'll see a couple cables going to a bellcrank setup. The marks are just 2 lines, and they must line up. A stretched cable, or loose jam nut may be the problem. Hoping the best, and an easy fix,Oh, and check that the lever and its pin are not jammed or worn. That little stubby pin wears crooked, and can jam. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks to all of you for your responses. After doing every trick I could find on line I finally just shot some WD 40 into the reverse lever shaft slot, worked the lever back & forth several times & the reverse disengaged, the neutral light came back on & the bike is starting everytime now. Just hope I remember what I did if that happens again in the future... LOL:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.