Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I tried to upload some pictures on the gallery but it said I don't have enough memory. What do I need to do?

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

I'll take a look and see how much space you have left.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

I've just uploaded two pictures to your account Bo, you can look at them and delete them yourself. You have lots of space left;

Disk space allowed on your account: 10,240kb
Disk space used on your account: 2,038,361kb

So you had (before I uploaded my pics) 8mbs left. Was the picture you wanted to upload a very large one? That can choke things up at times.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Ok I'll try again it is a picture of the B2 bike that OCC built for the Air Force

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

No go can't delete those and still can't upload. Something about fatal error and that I was ugly too. Not sure why it was so mean but who knows......

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

it does sound that you are trying to upload a picture that is too big, if you find the picture on your computer right click on the icon, then select properties, you shouyld see what type of file it is, pref jpeg and also the size. It needs to be less than 512KB. If its more then this is your problem

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Ok the ang thing is too big. Anyone know how to shrink the picture down

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
imported post

If you have 'Microsoft Office Picture Manager' in your program files you can openthe picture file with that.

after pic opens go to top tool bar and click 'Edit Pictures'

right side tool bar click 'Resize'

Under 'Predefined width x height', click the arrow and select from the drop down window: Web - Large (640 x 480 px) then click 'OK'

The picture will then bethe right size for upload to forum.

CAUTION : IF you want to keep the original picture size, you must 'Save As' from the File menu on the top toolbar........then just give the resized pic a new name.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Bo wrote:
Ok the ang thing is too big. Anyone know how to shrink the picture down
Email it to me Bo and I'lladjust anduploadit for you. Just click my profile name and select "send email" and attached your picture.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

All done Bo. The pixel dimensions were too big for uploading (3264 x 2448 at 2mb), I think 2000 pixels wide is the maximum setting for the gallery. I reduced it to 2000 pixels on the long side and successfully uploaded it to your account.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Irfanview is a free program at http://www.irfanview.us/ that allows resizing (and many other) functions. Size is under 1Mb. Good program.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

One other thing you can do is check the file format. For example .bmp images are MUCH larger (file size) than say a .jpg or .gif. If you have a program that will convert the files it can save you a lot of space. The .jpg is usually the smallest. Just opoen the file and do a "Save As" and choos e the smaller file format.

Microsoft Picture Gallery or Microsoft Paint will do this.

:blowingup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.