Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

321 - 336 of 336 Posts

·
Administrator
25,356 Posts
Dave,
I was able to find and get a Michelin Alpin PA3 ZP in 195/55r16. This is the tire and size that everyone that has put a CT on their bike says works!!! So that is what I got.

Thanks.

Merlin
ON 1800s, not 1500s.

·
Administrator
25,356 Posts
on the 1500??

Dave, does the non-RF have a narrower profile than the RF we are using?
No, a 195 is a 195, it means 195mm sidewall width on the normal width rim, a little difference between brands but all pretty close.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Not wanting to stir up a wasp nest, but is anyone running a car tire on the front?

·
Administrator
25,356 Posts
Not wanting to stir up a wasp nest, but is anyone running a car tire on the front?

NO but if you can find one that will fit you're welcome to try it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ok, so I had to order a MC tire for the summer. My looking and checking sizes and things i came up with this for a replacement for a 130/80-16 GL1200 front tire. I would like a second person to look at it as well and give me your honest opinion as well. Coker makes a 5.00-16 sport tire

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Agree with Dennis on the front tire. There are those who are called double dark side, but this is where a rear MC tire is used as the front tire. Mostly done by the 1800 crowd. I only did the CT on the rear of my 1800 and in doing this increased the longevity of the standard front MC tire considerably.

·
Registered
460 Posts
That is a car tire. I've used Coker before when I used to drag race, think its got a 40K warranty.

·
Administrator
22,188 Posts
He's talking about a mileage warranty. I may be mistaken, but I think with any such warranty, the install date and vehicle mileage have to be documented by the tire installer, AKA authorized tire dealer.

Said dealer probably won't mount a tire on a vehicle said tire was not designed for.

Plus; using a flat profile tire on the front of a bike is a really bad idea.

·
Administrator
25,356 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've never had to return one, These are the folks that sell the front and rear tires for Drag/Funny cars. The Skinny's are not DOT tires, we ran them on Top fuel. Never ran any DOT approved tires. Im just looking to get more Miles for my money, and it need to be at least rated for 130.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yea, 84.00 looks like. I ordered a Shinko for a quick fix, it should be here Monday. I've had good luck with them on my KZ1000, I've always trusted Dunlaps until this one.. The other bugging thing is the grooved surface, usually in the drive lane here so I stay in the hammer lane usually. Only way to beat that is compounds or tire surface. But that looks like a good option. Thanks Dennis, hope all is well in AZ.

321 - 336 of 336 Posts